Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "Horror Tip: Elevated"
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Blog: "Horror Tip: Elevated"

This time the horror tip is a short film:

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2009...vated.html
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Blog: "Horror Tip: Elevated"

The movie was weird. I didn't get the whole thing but it was an interesting movie nevertheless. Nice setting and execution. Smile

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Didn't reaaally like it. I love that it was a horror short that explored something a bit new though, it would be awesome if there were more shorts like this one made and compiled like that... Theatre of Horror or whatever it is called. I remember a blob-in-water short, a short about a guy hating bugs being eaten by bugs and such, perhaps one of you have seen it. The cover is a skeleton sitting in a theatre watching a movie or something, perhaps some other ghosts aswell.

I think the movie lost it at a few parts: Ben's fate, Ellen snapping and the people running at the end. Without that you could had speculated "Was David really just mad? Was there really a monster at all?" and all such. Now instead we're thinking "What was David running from?", "What happened to Ben?", "Why did Ellen do what she did?" and such but thanks to the people running at the end there's no doubt David was sane and all, which otherwise would had been a good point to speculate about. Also Ellen can't really have been an alien since she didn't kill Ben, unless there are several human-shaped ones (but still David did not recognize her as an alien, so it's possible they had both alien and human shapes).
I like movies that leave things to speculation, but in that case it has to be a bit more obvious. This one just feels poorly written or something. At first things pointed towards that David was mad, but he wasnt, and things pointed towards that Ellen was a monster, but she can't have been, and Ben wasn't an interesting character at all - and we didn't get any clues at all as to what the actual monster was, what they were all running from and such. Can't really find much to actually speculate about come to think about it, I don't really like that.
Image quality, effects quality, set and all such felt pretty poor aswell.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(08-19-2009, 03:25 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Didn't reaaally like it. I love that it was a horror short that explored something a bit new though, it would be awesome if there were more shorts like this one made and compiled like that... Theatre of Horror or whatever it is called. I remember a blob-in-water short, a short about a guy hating bugs being eaten by bugs and such, perhaps one of you have seen it. The cover is a skeleton sitting in a theatre watching a movie or something, perhaps some other ghosts aswell.

I remember these. They´re Creepshow (has the rich guy who hates cockroaches) and Creepshow 2 (has the blob in the lake). Both are quite excelent movies! Well, some of the stories are lame, but overall they´re good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083767/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092796/

EDIT: So now I´ve actually watched "Elevated". I really liked it. I would watch a 90 min long movie with the same premise.

About the monster's appearance: Hank (David Hewlett) describes the monster as being similar to Pumpkinhead or the alien from Alien.

Vincenzo Natali is quite a talented director. Cube and Nothing are great movies, Cypher is a good movie too but not as good as the other two. (I also like the Cube sequels, Cube 2: Hypercube and Cube Zero, but Vincenzo had nothing to do with them. Anyways, he working on a new movie called SPLICE which looks totally awesome.
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Find