Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Will you participate ? (At least partially)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes / Yes, but not much. / I'm interested
75.00%
12 75.00%
No / Got no time / I don't care much for this.
25.00%
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team Requests Amnesia Community Version
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Amnesia Community Version

Absolutely. Music, translations, fixes, models, everything is welcomed.
But other members have to approve it. In your case, if a given theme song doesn't fit the level you wanted it to be in, we cannot add it. If it fits and it's awesome, they'll like it and it stays.

It's good to know there's a decent number of members willing to participate -after just 1 day of asking-.
We can start working now, the rest will follow as we progress -hopefully-, if they don't, we can still finish it.

Anything you have to contribute, put it here so I can add it to the main project, if you think a given contribution doesn't fit for x reason, let us know and we decide together.
Go and play Amnesia again if you want to, see what you think you would improve.

It's this format correct for giving credits?
Spoiler below!

Artistic curtains at Main Hall by CaptainDuck.
Gothic GUI buttons by CaptainDuck.
Menu level by CaptainDuck.

Bloody water at Cellar Maze by Joystick4You.
New area at Rainy Hall by IAteYourFries.

New gothic chair by Boner3D.
Improved classic Lantern by Boner3D.
Orb chamber Puzzle fixed by BadKnife.
Improved thunder sounds by BadKnife.
Improved wooden footsteps by BadKnife.
New spooky artifact at Inner Sactum by BadKnife.
Renewed inventory GUI by BadKnife.
New painting "La malvada" by NicolasCage.

etc.

03-31-2015, 03:21 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

I'm interested, but my only real area of expertise is with voice over. Idk if that'd be something you need (whether it's finding/directing actors, etc.).

03-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Can I give you via PM instead? With me being private and all. Blush
03-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

I won't be participating till I get a new laptop. Nonetheless, I'll find ways to contribute. Perhaps looking at different ways of doing puzzles (one that came to mind was making a flowing waterfall from an above floor, powering a water wheel to move the gears, probably best used for the elevator in the Back Hall or something).

Also, a better way to do the credits, keeping consistency and simplicity, would be:
~<CONTRIBUTION>~[br][br]
User Name/Real Name (preference)[br]

Example:
~MODELLERS~[br][br]
Jolly-Giant[br]
Mary Silverwoman[br]
TheGuyWithTheGlasses[br]

~TEXTURERS~[br][br]
Avril Levine[br]
Macinnamon[br]

Or, break it down:

~<CONTRIBUTION>~[br][br]
CONTEXT[br]
User Name/Real Name [br]

~MODELLERS~[br][br]
ENEMIES[br]
Mary Silverwoman[br]

There's probably a better way to do it, just my two cents.

Edit: My pitch was more for the actual ending credits. If you meant crediting otherwise, do so in any way you want!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 11:33 AM by Romulator.)
03-31-2015, 10:33 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Don't know if you can use this when you edit, but please keep in mind that we want to keep the good things from Amnsia, and improve the bad things.
Don't just make something new. Mek something that fits.

[Image: 76785196a5.png]

EDIT: ALSO!
Could we keep track of who works on what, so there isn't 2 people working on the same thing. Because that would suck having to move everything from one file to another.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 02:05 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
03-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(03-31-2015, 01:05 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: EDIT: ALSO!
Could we keep track of who works on what, so there isn't 2 people working on the same thing. Because that would suck having to move everything from one file to another.

Agreed. I may be one of the only musicians in this community, but I'm sure there are other assets that risk overlap.

In any event, I compiled all the music for my mod of The Dark Descent that I hadn't publicized. Most of these are event pieces, but still.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdny3gb0mmngu...bbq-a?dl=0

03-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

(03-29-2015, 12:16 AM)Googolplex Wrote: I already created a much more immersive german language translation including grammar fixes and better, completely rewritten mementos and on-screen texts.
I also added some minor level fixes.
Excellent! Send it over, Googolplex.

(03-31-2015, 08:58 AM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Can I give you via PM instead? With me being private and all. Blush
Of course.

(03-31-2015, 10:33 AM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: I won't be participating till I get a new laptop. Nonetheless, I'll find ways to contribute. Perhaps looking at different ways of doing puzzles (one that came to mind was making a flowing waterfall from an above floor, powering a water wheel to move the gears, probably best used for the elevator in the Back Hall or something).
Alright. But you could use any computer. You could for example correct/fix the English language file, better explain some quests/hints/mementos, etc. I can't do that. Until you get your new laptop you can have fun with that. Or anything you want.

(03-31-2015, 01:05 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Don't know if you can use this when you edit, but please keep in mind that we want to keep the good things from Amnsia, and improve the bad things.
Don't just make something new. Mek something that fits.
Yes please, we shouldn't add/edit quests. Many quests are related to the main plot and somehow, at some level, they identify Amnesia.
But that's just me, if the community thinks a given quest should be changed/removed/added we can do it.

(03-31-2015, 01:05 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: EDIT: ALSO!
Yes, please, announce what you're doing or you want to do if it's something others may be doing too.
For example:

"There's some rocks blocking your way at the rainy hall map, I'm removing the rocks and making an area there that fits the rest of the level."

"At the morgue there's a crack on the wall, I wanna make a passage there to a little creepy area."

"Those mansion chairs are ugly and basic, what you think if I make a new model for it? Like this one?: <image>"

About duplicate files
As we receive new stuff we add it right to the main project.
If two members deliver different versions of the same map, it's fine, we can export/import the affected areas/content to the main project's map. It works perfectly.
So there's no problem regarding duplicates.

(03-31-2015, 02:50 PM)PythonBlue Wrote: Agreed. I may be one of the only musicians in this community, but I'm sure there are other assets that risk overlap.

In any event, I compiled all the music for my mod of The Dark Descent that I hadn't publicized. Most of these are event pieces, but still.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdny3gb0mmngu...bbq-a?dl=0
Great. Could you select one or more tracks and decide to which map/level you want each to be played? (level, main menu, credits, a given game situation) and send it over as .ogg with its .snt (if needed).
If you're unsure of any of this process, let us know and we help you or do it for you.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 05:00 PM by Daemian.)
04-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

(03-31-2015, 07:05 AM)AGP Wrote: I'm interested, but my only real area of expertise is with voice over. Idk if that'd be something you need (whether it's finding/directing actors, etc.).

There is one epic thing you could do, to give voice to the game hints.

Spoiler below!

There are 34 hints in Amnesia, these appear just one time -written, mute, at the top of the screen- in-game when the player reaches certain areas. They don't repeat, and only appear at the first levels. there's no danger to annoy the players with your voice.

This one below, is shown the first time you get to see a monster:
Avoid looking at enemies for too long. It will drain your sanity and you will eventually be seen.

The rest are here: [amnesia_dir]/config/base_english.lang
At category Hints. Line 440.

If you like the idea, go ahead and do them. Have fun. I'm sure we'll like the result.

By the way, some hints say stuff like "...press x button to do this and that..." you gotta change that x button to the default key.
Example: Move the mouse while holding down $ButInteract in order to move the object.
You'll have to change it to Move the mouse while holding down your left mouse button in order to move the object.

Just to have something you can say instead of a $variable, there are more variables involved in the hints. You gotta find a way to change those into something you can say.
When it says $AttackButton you should say "Your attack button" or "Your left mouse button", etc.

And one more thing; You can skip the "DefaultDeath" hint that says "You have to carry on..." . And anything related to thalers, those are not used.

04-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(04-02-2015, 07:08 PM)Daemian Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 07:05 AM)AGP Wrote: I'm interested, but my only real area of expertise is with voice over. Idk if that'd be something you need (whether it's finding/directing actors, etc.).

There is one epic thing you could do, to give voice to the game hints.

Spoiler below!

There are 34 hints in Amnesia, these appear just one time -written, mute, at the top of the screen- in-game when the player reaches certain areas. They don't repeat, and only appear at the first levels. there's no danger to annoy the players with your voice.

This one below, is shown the first time you get to see a monster:
Avoid looking at enemies for too long. It will drain your sanity and you will eventually be seen.

The rest are here: [amnesia_dir]/config/base_english.lang
At category Hints. Line 440.

If you like the idea, go ahead and do them. Have fun. I'm sure we'll like the result.

By the way, some hints say stuff like "...press x button to do this and that..." you gotta change that x button to the default key.
Example: Move the mouse while holding down $ButInteract in order to move the object.
You'll have to change it to Move the mouse while holding down your left mouse button in order to move the object.

Just to have something you can say instead of a $variable, there are more variables involved in the hints. You gotta find a way to change those into something you can say.
When it says $AttackButton you should say "Your attack button" or "Your left mouse button", etc.

And one more thing; You can skip the "DefaultDeath" hint that says "You have to carry on..." . And anything related to thalers, those are not used.

But is that possible to detect by scripting?
I'm pretty sure the darkness hint just triggers when you walk into darkness, and not on a script callback.

Trying is the first step to success.
04-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Some are script based, others are triggered by events (eg. Dragging the mouse to move the lever).

Edit: Also! Didn't think about the lang file/lang entries. I'll definitely give them a look as well.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015, 01:13 PM by Romulator.)
04-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Find