Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little help.. finding my problem in my .lang
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Little help.. finding my problem in my .lang

I really can't find the 1 little mistake in my lang..

PHP Code: (Select All)
<LANGUAGE>
<
CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
        <
Entry Name="Description">Bananas are cool.</Entry>
</
CATEGORY>

<
CATEGORY Name="Messages">
        <
Entry Name="Hint1">What was that?</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint2">Whatte..</Entry>
         <
Entry Name="Hint3">The door is lockedmaybe the key is in the Treehouse?</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint4">Where Am IWhat happened...</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint5">GirlHeylost?! The portal is right therejust walk into ityou can leave you're dream, feel free to join some time later! Also, you can fly! In dreams...</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint6">The door is locked, I need to get out of here!</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint7">Where am I...</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint8">Whatte.... What is that, and why are there dead bodies...</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint9">Huh? The rocks! the ladder...</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint10">What?! How did that happen so fast?!</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint11">What is that?!</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint12">The lever is stuck.</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Hint13">Yeah! Now I can open the door? Something like that I don'
t know...</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint14">What?! The lamp...</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint15">RUN!!!</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint16"></Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Hint17"></Entry>
</
CATEGORY>

<
CATEGORY Name="Journal">
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note01_Name">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note01_Text">HelloYou can't remember anything, right? I will help you, you need to get back... I can't tell you now Wherebut there is still 1 way. Try to get as far as you canbut the key... I think the key is somewhere... up... on.... *blood*</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Quest_Quest1_Text">Leavego outsideQuickfind a way!</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note02_Name">Several Test Subjects.</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note02_Text">-1943 12 September. [br] [brSeveral test subjects were failedWe tried to implement some things to their brain. [br]  *The test subject #16 died, because of self inflict. [br] *Test subject #17 failed, because his brain wasn't capable of being implented. [br] The test subject was made inside the Temple. There is a secret place in the temple. No one knows about this. The dead bodies will be squeezed in a machine, and after that, they will bring the "results" To a river, called "Seameal". The test subject failed. They all tried to make it. But they knew, not everyone can handle the implements. It's because the high self inflicting or just bleeding out too fast. But I still have 1 question... Who Are they?!</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Note03_Name">The flamethrower</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note03_Text">The flamethrower 6915 was the newest flamethrowing thing! [brFlame goes into the faces of the innocent peoples. [brThey believed that burning faces could make the face hard and strongto make it easier to make the test subjects work.</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note04_Name">"The Under Area 115"</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note04_Text"The under area... [brThere are so many things down there! [br] [brThey play "games" where people almost die. [brThere is a lawsuita different one. [br] [brThere are dead bodies! [brIt's the hell. People work there. [br] [br] ooh, did I even mentioned the ghost? [br] They said there is a ghost [br] If you see a lamp moving, or acting really weird, then...</Entry> 
        <Entry Name="Note_Note05_Name">The game</Entry> 
        <Entry Name="Note_Note05_Text">L! I! P! Q! What is it then?! [br] [br] This game, it is impossible for you to win. [br] People still played it. Just because you could "leave the hell". [br] [br] If you lose, you probably know what happens. They do, what they are supposed to do. After that, your name will change into numbers, and you will be called like this: Test Subject #666.</Entry> 
        <Entry Name="Note_Note06_Name">Too much</Entry> 
        <Entry Name="Note_Note06_Text">Working, writing, talking with psychic people... Whattehell! Why do I have to do all these shit?! You know what?! I'
m stoppingI don't want to do this all over again. [br] [br] But I have to tell you a secret, There is a ghost. And she gets bullied. That's the reason why she is fucking around hereShe is just like usA girlwith feelingsbut those idiotsI have to write EVERYTHING they didI have to talk with every single peopleWhy am I working here?! I'm going. Damn, "Test subjects" I'm laughing right nowThat I worked herewith them...</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note07_Name">I escaped!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note07_Text">I escapedAfter I told them I didn't want to work here anymore, they screamed at me, and tried to kill me! [br] Somehow, I escaped, I was just running to freedom, and when I came outside, big rocks start to fall down, so sorry, my friend... [br] [br] For the living men, reading this, sorry, now you can't escapeI'm really sorry, but I can tell you, there is a lever, that moves a shelf, if the shelf is gone from there, you can go to the dungeon, I don't know that much about the dungeonbut there is a secret doorto outsideto freedom!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note08_Name">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note08_Text">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note09_Name">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note09_Text">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note10_Name">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Note10_Text">The key!</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Bonus01_Name">Bonus</Entry
        <
Entry Name="Note_Bonus01_Text">You found the first secretThe key will open a bonus door at the end of the game.</Entry
</
CATEGORY>

<
CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
        <
Entry Name="ItemName_Hammer">Hammer</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Hammer">Probably good for escaping my own room...</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemName_Key2">Temple Key</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key2">This is the key to enter the temple.</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemName_Key3">Key To Outside</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key3">the key to leave this place!!!</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="ItemName_Bonus01Key">Bones Key #1</Entry>

<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Bonus01Key">A key to open 1 of the bonus doors.</Entry>
</
CATEGORY>

</
LANGUAGE

I'm looking 3 days now, and I still cannot find any problems...
Also, this is the problem in Hpl log.
WARNING: No resources element found in 'custom_stories/Great Leap Forward/extra_english.lang'
06-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Little help.. finding my problem in my .lang

Don't worry about the resources warning. It won't hurt you, but you can remove it by adding this:

<RESOURCES>
    <
Directory Path="fonts/eng" />
    <
Directory Path="lang/eng" />
</
RESOURCES

Maybe the issue is caused by an illegal character somewhere. I don't know which are allowed to use, but perhaps something special, like the # you used somewhere there, is one which does not work. Generally, you'll want to use unicodes for special characters.

You can also try using the lang tool. I think it's able to find the error for you.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015, 09:15 AM by Mudbill.)
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Quote:<Entry Name="Description">Bananas are cool.</Entry>

Ohh dear... Another ...?? PDP story?...
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015, 09:37 AM by DnALANGE.)
06-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(06-01-2015, 09:37 AM)DnALANGE Wrote:

Might just be a placeholder description until a proper one is thought out. I think I actually used something similar once just because I didn't want to write one yet.

06-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(06-01-2015, 09:37 AM)DnALANGE Wrote:

no I swear it's not one like troll etc Big Grin
You even saw some of the maps, Remember? That temple with spike ball etc
The description is just a placeholder xd
I'm trying to think about the storyline, have 3 now. so I still don't know what to use in my description Smile
(Also, It was used for test. to make sure the lang file worked )

(06-01-2015, 09:13 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Don't worry about the resources warning. It won't hurt you, but you can remove it by adding this:

<RESOURCES>
    <
Directory Path="fonts/eng" />
    <
Directory Path="lang/eng" />
</
RESOURCES

Maybe the issue is caused by an illegal character somewhere. I don't know which are allowed to use, but perhaps something special, like the # you used somewhere there, is one which does not work. Generally, you'll want to use unicodes for special characters.

You can also try using the lang tool. I think it's able to find the error for you.

thanks! it worked Smile I really didn't knew # was Illegal Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
06-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Find