Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Idea of mindblowing game design
Rydell Offline

Threads: 1
Thumbs Up  Idea of mindblowing game design

Hello,

I've attempted one day to make a school of game design (supinfogame) in France. Unfortunately, I've failed to pass the entry exam , but while doing that attempt an innovative idea of game design have emerged. So basically the idea was to do a game based on the novels of peter watts starfish , maelstorm , behemoth .

The environment created by those novels are very innovative and scary, and take place in a deep sea environement, which involve some cyberpunk but also freaky deep sea creatures. This setting would be perfect for a survival fps. Through centuries , from Jules Verne to gears of wars (some monsters looks like deep sea fish), the deep sea environment has ignited the human imagination. Just look at what we might encounter : here and here. Just add human enemy with a good story plot and we might get one of the most viral game ever, with a perfect fit into what frictional games is used to do.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015, 04:58 PM by Rydell.)
06-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Idea of mindblowing game design

It's quite a cool idea, but:
a) If you can't do anything to make your own ideas into a game, probably noone else will.
b) This would require insane amount of modelling, which isn't a common skill on this forum.
c) Frictional Games is making a game with almost the same theme right now Wink

06-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Find
Rydell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Idea of mindblowing game design

I guess every good game that has today a great amount of sucess will need like you say an insane amount of modelling. But i guess it's worth the try and i'm going to explain why.

First the principle is that the cyberpunk implant is that you can dive into the outdoor deep sea environement, which possibly makes two type of gameplay available : Inside the submarine station (classic part) and outside of it. We can so imagine harpoon fight between human ennemies, deep sea phosphorescent creatures ...
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015, 06:46 PM by Rydell.)
06-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Find