Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor error
Nocturnal Offline

Threads: 14
Level Editor error

I am having a problem when i open a level in the level editor, i really need help. i get a blackbox error when i open them, and i like to get inspiration, when looking at them in the editor. please help!
07-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Level Editor error

Try posting the contents of LevelEditor.log from Documents\HPL2.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 09:12 AM by Mudbill.)
07-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32

(07-19-2015, 08:06 PM)GameEnthusiast Wrote: I am having a problem when i open a level in the level editor, i really need help. i get a blackbox error when i open them, and i like to get inspiration, when looking at them in the editor. please help!

That's happens to me when I'm trying to steal other's ideas Smile

One of causes, could be, your Amnesia and HPL Level Editor version is not 1.3 (this version supports fbx model file format (I suggest to use .dae to make them accesible), maybe your version is 1.2 or 1.1 and it considers map corrupt and it's crashing) Let us know, only one map is crashing, or all? Try to open original Amnesia Game map.

I suggest to use this link :

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

Maybe, the map you are trying to open, doesn't have necessary resources, maybe you've been tried to open another kind of map,custom stuff, like my Utopia mod, but you don't have the normal access to map's resources. Causes could be many.

1. Could it be, your map is in desktop location, and this map can not find asset's path.
2. Wrong exported model.(Only if you/or other guy Smile did a mistake when he added a new stuff into this map). - this one is the most low expected cause.
3. Maybe, you took some maps from one CS and put them into yours, and the path of map objects is custom and objects need to be right in that directory which keeps your maps (I suggest to use all your assets in one Custom Story map, dont try to steal it from somewhere Smile )

Good luck, if you this one wouldn't help, let us know, and one of us will assist your problem

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 09:17 AM by Catalyst.)
07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

(07-20-2015, 09:16 AM)Catalyst Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 08:06 PM)GameEnthusiast Wrote: I am having a problem when i open a level in the level editor, i really need help. i get a blackbox error when i open them, and i like to get inspiration, when looking at them in the editor. please help!

That's happens to me when I'm trying to steal other's ideas :)

One of causes, could be, your Amnesia and HPL Level Editor version is not 1.3 (this version supports fbx model file format (I suggest to use .dae to make them accesible), maybe your version is 1.2 or 1.1 and it considers map corrupt and it's crashing) Let us know, only one map is crashing, or all? Try to open original Amnesia Game map.

I suggest to use this link :

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

Maybe, the map you are trying to open, doesn't have necessary resources, maybe you've been tried to open another kind of map,custom stuff, like my Utopia mod, but you don't have the normal access to map's resources. Causes could be many.

1. Could it be, your map is in desktop location, and this map can not find asset's path.
2. Wrong exported model.(Only if you/or other guy :) did a mistake when he added a new stuff into this map). - this one is the most low expected cause.
3. Maybe, you took some maps from one CS and put them into yours, and the path of map objects is custom and objects need to be right in that directory which keeps your maps (I suggest to use all your assets in one Custom Story map, dont try to steal it from somewhere :) )

Good luck, if you this one wouldn't help, let us know, and one of us will assist your problem

srsly? im not trying to steal others ideas, it's just inspiration. secondly, i do have 1.3. but thanks, i know how to tell version amnesia good, just like me grammr

(07-20-2015, 09:12 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Try posting the contents of LevelEditor.log from Documents\HPL2.

Here ya go!

Spoiler below!

-------- THE HPL ENGINE LOG ------------
Creating Engine Modules
--------------------------------------------------------
Creating graphics module
Creating system module
Creating resource module
Creating input module
Creating sound module
Creating physics module
Creating ai module
Creating gui module
Creating generate module
Creating haptic module
Creating scene module

Initializing Resources Module
Creating loader handlers
Creating resource managers
Adding loaders to handlers

Initializing Graphics Module
Init lowlevel graphics: 1592x992 disp:0 bpp:32 fs:0 ms:0 gpufmt:2 cap:'HPL Level Editor' pos:(-1x-1)
Setting video mode: 1592 x 992 - 32 bpp
Init Glew...OK
Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCI/SSE2
Version: 4.1.0
Max texture image units: 32
Max texture coord units: 8
Max user clip planes: 8
Two sided stencil: 1
Vertex Buffer Object: 1
Anisotropic filtering: 1
Max Anisotropic degree: 16
Multisampling: 1
Texture compression: 1
Texture compression S3TC: 1
Auto generate MipMaps: 1
Render to texture: 1
Max draw buffers: 8
Max color render targets: 8
Packed depth-stencil: 1
Texture float: 1
GLSL Version: 4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
ShaderModel 2: 1
ShaderModel 3: 1
ShaderModel 4: 1
OGL ATIFragmentShader: 0
Setting up G-Bugger: type: 0 texturenum: 4
Adding engine materials
Initializing DevIL
Vendor String: Abysmal Software
Version String: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.6.8pre Aug 12 2006
Version Number: 168
***** WARNING *****
Expecting IL version 178 and found version 168
Cube Maps may not load correctly in this version and will not render correctly in game
Please use the included version of libIL and not a custom build if you have issues
***** WARNING *****
Adding engine post effects

Initializing Sound Module
Initializing OpenAL
Available OpenAL devices:
0. Generic Software on Speakers (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset)(OpenAL default)
1. Generic Software on Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer)
Trying to open device 'Generic Software on Speakers (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset)'... Success!
Number of mono sources: 32
Streaming setup: 2 Buffers x 524288 bytes each

Initializing Game Module
Adding engine updates
Initializing script functions

User Initialization
-----------------------------------------------------
LevelEditor Build ID: 20101027185544
-----------------------------------------------------
Created Entity Loader
Added object type: Compound <Compound>
Added object type: Light <BoxLight>
Added object type: Light <PointLight>
Added object type: Light <SpotLight>
Added object type: Billboard <Billboard>
Added object type: Particle System <ParticleSystem>
Added object type: Sound <Sound>
Added object type: Static Object <StaticObject>
Added object type: Entity <Entity> StaticProp
Added object type: Entity <Entity> CommentaryIcon
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Object,Static
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Object,Grab
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Object,Push
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Object,Slide
Added object type: Entity <Entity> SwingDoor
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Lever
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Wheel
Added object type: Entity <Entity> MultiSlider
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Lamp
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Button
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Photocell
Added object type: Entity <Entity> MoveObject
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Puzzle
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Coins
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Note
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Diary
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Lantern
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Health
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Sanity
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,LampOil
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,Tinderbox
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Item,HandObject
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Chest
Added object type: Entity <Entity> OilBarrel
Added object type: Entity <Entity> EmotionStone
Added object type: Entity <Entity> NPC
Added object type: Entity <Entity> LevelDoor
Added object type: Entity <Entity> CritterBug
Added object type: Entity <Entity> CritterSpider
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Enemy_Grunt
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Enemy_ManPig
Added object type: Entity <Entity> Enemy_WaterLurker
Added object type: Entity <Entity> PlayerHands
Added object type: Entity <Entity> HandObject
Added object type: Area <Area> Script
Added object type: Area <Area> PosNode
Added object type: Area <Area> Flashback
Added object type: Area <Area> Sign
Added object type: Area <Area> SlimeDamage
Added object type: Area <Area> Examine
Added object type: Area <Area> Insanity
Added object type: Area <Area> Ladder
Added object type: Area <Area> Liquid
Added object type: Area <Area> Sticky
Added object type: Area <Area> Rope
Added object type: Area <Area> PathNode
Added object type: Area <Area> PlayerStart
Added object type: Primitive <Plane>
Added object type: Decal <Decal>
Added object type: FogArea <FogArea>

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Resetting scene

Game Running
ERROR: Sampler aGoboMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 5

// Resetting scene

// Loading file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/maps/main/ch01/05_wine_cellar.map

Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/default02.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/door_way.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/welder.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/welder.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/corner_convex_round.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/corner_concave_round.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/short.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/door_frame.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/corner_concave_round_short.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/default_extension02.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/corner_concave_round_extension.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/window02_extension_blue.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/window_blue.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/concave.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/corner_concave_round.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/corner_convex_round.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/default03.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/wall/default04.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/corner_concave_round_short.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/welder_corridor_extension.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/castlebase/ceiling/welder_wood_edge.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/special/water_pit.dae'
WARNING: No 'extra scene' element found!
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/debris/rock/stone_med01.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/debris/rock/stone_large02.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/concave_short.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/cellarbase/ceiling/corner_concave.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/door/cellar_wood01/cellar_wood01.dae'
Inconsistency found in file entities/ornament/paintings/painting03/painting03.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/ornament/paintings/painting03/painting03.ent
Inconsistency found in file entities/ornament/paintings/painting04/painting04.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/ornament/paintings/painting04/painting04.ent
Inconsistency found in file entities/ornament/paintings/painting06/painting06.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/ornament/paintings/painting06/painting06.ent
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/storage/shelf_thin/shelf_thin.dae'
Inconsistency found in file entities/desktop/paper03/paper03.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/desktop/paper03/paper03.ent
Inconsistency found in file entities/desktop/paper03/paper03.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/desktop/paper03/paper03.ent
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/container/barrel01/barrel01_broken.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/storage/sloped_square_shelf/sloped_square_shelf.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/bottle/flask01/flask01_aqua_regia.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/bottle/flask01/flask01_calamine.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/bottle/flask01/flask01_cuprite.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/bottle/flask01/flask01_orpiment.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/debris/rock/rock_large01.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/debris/rock/rock_med02.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/item/tinderbox/tinderbox.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/debris/rock/rock_med01.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/ration/carcass/carcass.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/container/vase01/vase01.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/door/level_cellar/level_celler.dae'

// Loaded successfully

ERROR: Sampler aExtraMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 3
ERROR: Sampler aExtraMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 3

// Resetting scene

// Loading file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/Enigma_Demo_1.0/maps/Main_Intro_Lighthouse.map

WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1_bump.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1_spec.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!
ERROR: Could not load XML document '../../../../../../'
Error creating Entity named Door_6, ID 3530
ERROR: Could not load XML document ''
ERROR: Engine entity had a NULL MeshEntity during SetUpMesh
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_6' id: 3530 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_6 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_6 with ID 3530
Error creating Entity named Door_7, ID 3531
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_7' id: 3531 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_7 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_7 with ID 3531
Error creating Entity named Door_8, ID 3532
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_8' id: 3532 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_8 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_8 with ID 3532
Error creating Entity named Door_9, ID 3533
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_9' id: 3533 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_9 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_9 with ID 3533
Error creating Entity named Door_10, ID 3534
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_10' id: 3534 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_10 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_10 with ID 3534
Error creating Entity named Door_11, ID 3535
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_11' id: 3535 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_11 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_11 with ID 3535
Error creating Entity named Door_12, ID 3536
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_12' id: 3536 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_12 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_12 with ID 3536
Error creating Entity named Door_13, ID 3537
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_13' id: 3537 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_13 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_13 with ID 3537
Error creating Entity named Door_14, ID 3538
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_14' id: 3538 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_14 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_14 with ID 3538
Error creating Entity named Door_15, ID 3539
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_15' id: 3539 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_15 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_15 with ID 3539
Error creating Entity named Door_16, ID 3540
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_16' id: 3540 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_16 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_16 with ID 3540
Error creating Entity named Door_17, ID 3541
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Door_17' id: 3541 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Door_17 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Door_17 with ID 3541
Error creating Entity named Nail_Spotlight_7, ID 3669
ERROR: Could not create entity 'Nail_Spotlight_7' id: 3669 of type 'Entity'
ERROR: Failed creation of Entity named Nail_Spotlight_7 of type Entity.
Failed loading entity of type Entity named Nail_Spotlight_7 with ID 3669
Error creating Entity named Nail_Spotlight_9, ID 3844

i was trying to open dnalange's enigma .map files. he said i could get some inspiration from it and use the models from it. really cool guy.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 06:09 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32

WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1_bump.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1_spec.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!

I think, you are using textures as walls, this is the problem, I've encountered problem like this, you just have to find all these objects by id, and to remove, change, recreate...

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
07-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Lots of errors. I don't know which are actually note-worthy though. Look through them and see if you can fix as many as possible. If you use custom entities, make sure they're all within the scope of the resources.cfg file, like in the /entities folder.

07-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

(07-20-2015, 10:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Lots of errors. I don't know which are actually note-worthy though. Look through them and see if you can fix as many as possible. If you use custom entities, make sure they're all within the scope of the resources.cfg file, like in the /entities folder.

yeah they are, unless your talking about in the cs/fcmod folder no they are not, i was accually trying to open dnalanges enigma maps, soooo yeah...

(07-20-2015, 08:27 PM)Catalyst Wrote: WARNING: Texture 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/static_objects/nec_static_objects/collector_pipes/metal_1.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!

I think, you are using textures as walls, this is the problem, I've encountered problem like this, you just have to find all these objects by id, and to remove, change, recreate...

like i said dnalange had no problem at doing that, i was trying to open his map files for enigma.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 12:31 AM by Nocturnal.)
07-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You're trying to open a map which contains a lot of custom assets.

Quote:Loading file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/Enigma_Demo_1.0/maps/Main_Intro_Lighthouse.map

First add this directory -marked in red- to [Amnesia Dir]/resources.cfg before trying to open it.

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Directory Path="/Enigma_Demo_1.0" AddSubDirs="true" /> 

07-21-2015, 02:57 AM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

(07-21-2015, 02:57 AM)Daemian Wrote: You're trying to open a map which contains a lot of custom assets.

Quote:Loading file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/Enigma_Demo_1.0/maps/Main_Intro_Lighthouse.map

First add this directory -marked in red- to [Amnesia Dir]/resources.cfg before trying to open it.

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Directory Path="/Enigma_Demo_1.0" AddSubDirs="true" /> 

thanks man!! it worked, thank god for helpers, not that the others werent helpers but you know what i mean
07-21-2015, 04:11 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

That is From my Enigma Demo!
--
It is fine to use my assets and so on, just please IF you use some credit me, making stuff such as texturing new walls and such take a L O T of time!

Also remember to check the folder names, and credit everyone who's assets you will using.
Just to show respect.
07-21-2015, 09:46 AM
Find