Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map does not exist
Rakez68 Offline

Threads: 3
Map does not exist

Hello!

So I have this weird error with my mod which I have released already, but just now found out this weird error.

So I tried to play trough my CS, everything seemed fine until I reached the third map. This is the error I receive:
[Image: 658hlm]
''FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/Ninth of October - Continuation/Maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/His dearest friend/Maps/Mansion_2.map''
Although, when I open the CS folder, the HPS and MAP files in the /maps folder are still there, and seem alright. But when I open the map in the level editor, Nothing appears on the level editor.

What is also very odd is that it reads ''custom_stories/His_dearest_friend/Maps/Mansion_2.map''
''His dearest friend'' was the name of the CS before I released it as Ninth of October - Continuation.

So this one level is stucking people from continuing the CS.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 11:26 PM by Rakez68.)
07-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Map does not exist

Perhaps you should re-set the level that is loaded using whatever door you use to get to the crash. Perhaps that will reset the path to the file, in case it is no longer valid.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 11:28 PM by Mudbill.)
07-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Find
Rakez68 Offline

Threads: 3

Thanks for quick reply!

(07-21-2015, 11:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Perhaps you should re-set the level that is loaded using whatever door you use to get to the crash. Perhaps that will reset the path to the file, in case it is no longer valid.

What do you mean by re-seting the level? Do something with the level door that causes the crash?
Sorry my english understanding skills.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 11:41 PM by Rakez68.)
07-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Open the level that has the door that crashes you. Select the destination map again. Perhaps the issue is related to the fact that the map was first set before you made these name changes to your story.

Another thing you can try is to open the map file with a text editor and search up "custom_stories/Ninth of October - Continuation/Maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/His dearest friend/Maps/Mansion_2.map" and see if you find that line somewhere. You can then edit it. Just be careful editing the map manually this way so you don't mess it up. I recommend a backup.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2015, 11:27 AM by Mudbill.)
07-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Find