Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom HUD'S kind of things
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Custom HUD'S kind of things

(08-19-2015, 03:02 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 02:12 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Well, the loading screen can be changed because you have a script for it. There's no script for setting a custom image as a damage overlay for a specific monster. If that was the case, it'd probably be in the User Defined Variables within the entity, but it's not. The way splats are configured are based on the attack type the enemy uses (if I remember correctly). Although you can change the type of an enemy, you cannot add a new type without a mod. The types for the Grunt and the Brute are "Claw" and "Slash" I think.

Huh? I mean, I can give player damage, with that I can choose a type right? Like bloodspat1 etc etc.
Can't I just place my pic on that, and make that happen, because it does happen with a script.
or is it that you can't use another bloodsplat since they are locked..?

Like we said earlier, you can do it, but you should have a IFC because no one likes replacing files. Just make one, edit the bloodsplat image how you want and it should be fine.
08-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(08-19-2015, 03:22 PM)Slanderous Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 02:12 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Well, the loading screen can be changed because you have a script for it. There's no script for setting a custom image as a damage overlay for a specific monster. If that was the case, it'd probably be in the User Defined Variables within the entity, but it's not. The way splats are configured are based on the attack type the enemy uses (if I remember correctly). Although you can change the type of an enemy, you cannot add a new type without a mod. The types for the Grunt and the Brute are "Claw" and "Slash" I think.

Huh? I mean, I can give player damage, with that I can choose a type right? Like bloodspat1 etc etc.
Can't I just place my pic on that, and make that happen, because it does happen with a script.

Like we said earlier, you can do it, but you should have a IFC because no one likes replacing files. Just make one, edit the bloodsplat image how you want and it should be fine.

Oh, so it is not possible to place a new one in my "graphics" folder?
and what does an IFC mean?!
Fc means full converson or something like that lol, Mod.
cs is custom story, but Ifc? a Vanilla or something like that?
08-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

IFC = Isolated Full Conversion
Which is, just another name for Full Conversion, but does not use certain things, but uses other stuff instead. It's just an FC.

Vanilla = Normal, unmodified Amnesia.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(08-19-2015, 03:38 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 03:22 PM)Slanderous Wrote:

Oh, so it is not possible to place a new one in my "graphics" folder?
and what does an IFC mean?!
Fc means full converson or something like that lol, Mod.
cs is custom story, but Ifc? a Vanilla or something like that?

You don't have to replace the imgaes, you can place new ones, you just have to add them manually in the game files.
08-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Find