Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA: What are you looking forward to?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: SOMA: What are you looking forward to?

(09-04-2015, 02:16 PM)brus Wrote: You just reminded me about something. On preview build some fonts in notes were to small to read pleasantly. I would like they increase the font size.

Probably trying to cover up some spoilers. Looking forward greatly to the story honestly. Still don't know if I'll watch Depth or play SOMA first.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I wished they'd let us know by now if Depth should be watched first or later.

I wonder what the hold back is about?
09-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(09-04-2015, 02:31 PM)Romulator Wrote: Probably trying to cover up some spoilers.

Maybe but sometimes in some games there was an issue if you increase the resolution, the font doesn't scale accordingly and it's difficult to read.
09-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-04-2015, 09:57 AM)Romulator Wrote: What's got you interested in SOMA? The game's setting and universe? The story? The characters? Theories? Mechanics?

The fact that FG is the developer.
09-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Love Sci-Fi Horror and wish there was more of it. So having STASIS come out and this is so good after so long without any.

But as for this game in particular.
  • Frictional Games Developed
  • Combo of Dark Descent Gameplay and Visual narrative + Machine For Pigs Story
  • 5-Year development but not AAA bloated/delays
  • Creepy Underwater Sea Lab setting
  • Twisted AI and the deep discovery of what it means to be "alive?"

Obviously it's been a long time waiting.
09-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

I'm looking forward to HPL3's modding capabilities. It will be absolutely marvelous! Smile
09-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I'm just simply looking for another great experience by Frictional Games.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
09-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Infinite fire extinguishers.
09-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

When it comes out. Holy shit I've waited so long for this moment since I first played amnesia in 2011 or so. The next frictional game, combining all the lessons they've learned from their previous revolutionary titles with financial security and 5 years development time. For me personally, the concept could not be better. Nothing interests me as much as these philosophical questions of consciousness and reality, and combined with a sci-fi horror setting it could not be more intriguing. And frictional making it? It's practically a dream come true. Everything we've been shown so far has been incredible, the quality of it really seems like they care about what they're making. It's definitely a passion project, a game that really wants to be made.

Since the first teaser in 2013(?) I've always had this game in the back of my mind, excitedly checking for updates and being so happy when one finally came. It's been a long time in the coming, and it feels crazy that it's finally out in 18 days. I'm slowly preparing myself for when the moment comes; re-watching all the teasers and trailers and even looking to buy a nice expensive set of headphones to play-through amnesia for the umpteenth time and get the maximum immersion when I finally play SOMA.

Frictional- if you read this, we're all so excited and ready to play what you've been creating for the past 5 years. And as a huge fan of your work since Amnesia days, I want to thank you for all you've done in making these incredible and influential games. You should all be very proud of yourselves!

And with that I say, stop reading the forum and get back to bugfixing! You're so close to the finish line!!!!!

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Find