Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hopes For SOMA
ArioDargeto Offline

Threads: 7
My Hopes For SOMA

I really love abandoned/decrepit Sci-Fi enviroments. Sevastopol Station in Alien: Isolation was like candy for me, I spent a lot of my time exploring every nook and cranny, the locations themselves were almost addictive to look at. I am really hoping to get a similar experience with SOMA, the undersea facility reminds me a lot of Sevastopol in all of the ways that count. I look forward to exploring every dark corner.

Secondly, the enemies. I hope this game doesn't get overly supernatural in tone. The thing I loved most about the Alien was that it was a flesh and blood creature that could think and hunt. It had a real presence throughout the game that gave a bone-deep sense of dread. I really hope to see something similar with SOMA's creatures. I want them to feel real, I want them to have some kind of origin and not just turn out to be a figment of your imagination.
09-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My Hopes For SOMA

If you haven't yet checked out the Penumbra series, I recommend you to do so. It may not have the best graphics by today's standards but I really loved its story and the atmosphere it created. It has a number of sci-fi elements (especially Penumbra: Black Plague) and of course lots of abandoned environments. Wink
09-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Find
ArioDargeto Offline

Threads: 7

(09-11-2015, 10:24 PM)Chrysler Wrote: If you haven't yet checked out the Penumbra series, I recommend you to do so. It may not have the best graphics by today's standards but I really loved its story and the atmosphere it created. It has a number of sci-fi elements (especially Penumbra: Black Plague) and of course lots of abandoned environments. Wink

Been considering getting it on steam Big Grin
09-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

(09-11-2015, 10:48 PM)ArioDargeto Wrote: Been considering getting it on steam Big Grin
Right now would be a good time. You can get it on Steam with 80% off for the next 24 hours.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015, 07:20 PM by Chrysler.)
09-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Find