Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
A few questions

Have a few questions about how to get started. For one, what is the folder that the game reads custom mods from when launching with the "Play Custom Content" option. Also, what file type is read there? Thought I saw "hpc" which I'm not sure what to do with.

Also, when making terrain, it is always completely black. I've tried adding lights, textures, etc, but it always remains black and I am obviously doing something very basic wrong.
Nevermind, figured that out - didn't apply layers

My terrain appears to be extremely blurry no matter what resolution I choose. When I choose a smaller texture patch, the game renders it very strangely and blurry despite being clear in the editor.

Finally, how do I add the regions that have basic flora that sticks to terrain ( saw in one of the underwater areas ). As in, I scale the area up and down and it perfectly fits pieces of grass to the area, not floating above.
Figured out - Undergrowth

Thanks in advance!

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
09-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
RE: A few questions

I will put together some guide to setting up hpc files, and might also add some app to create these easily through a nice GUI.

EOF
09-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Find