Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I'm trying to split audio for a 2 hour blind lets play
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30
Question  I'm trying to split audio for a 2 hour blind lets play

Every time I split the audio, the audio comes up with only the time of 20:47. You may ask what I'm using to split my audio. I'm using a "audio stream splitter" by dxtory software. I've split audio for many long lets plays recordered from the Mirillis Action recorder, but this time I'm having a problem.

What do I do to fix this so I can get the full audio for my gameplay and microphone audio?? HELP!! Confused

Here's the video I made so that you could understand better.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 04:24 PM by Koopa Rs07.)
09-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: I'm trying to split audio for a 2 hour blind lets play

Why don't you record the streams separately to begin with? Are you recording your mic and in-game audio both with ShadowPlay?

This sounds like an issue with the software you use to split. Have you tried googling this issue?

09-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

If I understood correctly, you have recorded some videos with audio that you now want to split. To do so, I can only suggest doing that:

1) Download Camtasia Studio 8
2) Run the trial version
3) Follow this guide

Check this out and lemme know if it works.
09-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

(09-25-2015, 07:17 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Why don't you record the streams separately to begin with? Are you recording your mic and in-game audio both with ShadowPlay?

This sounds like an issue with the software you use to split. Have you tried googling this issue?
I like to record big chunks of gameplay and then chop it up in the editor. It's usually easier.
(09-25-2015, 07:23 PM)Slanderous Wrote: If I understood correctly, you have recorded some videos with audio that you now want to split. To do so, I can only suggest doing that:

1) Download Camtasia Studio 8
2) Run the trial version
3) Follow this guide

Check this out and lemme know if it works.
I'll give this a try, thanks. (Edit: Yeah, it didn't work. The audio shows up with no sound, but the duration is 1 hour and 53 minutes which is correct..)

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 08:24 PM by Koopa Rs07.)
09-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well, personally I record gameplay video & audio separately using ShadowPlay, then webcam &| microphone using some other utility (like Debut). Having them as a merged audio track is really difficult to work with. For the future you might wanna consider doing something similar so you won't have to split them. Splitting them is only an estimate anyway, and is prone to errors.

09-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

(09-25-2015, 09:20 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Well, personally I record gameplay video & audio separately using ShadowPlay, then webcam &| microphone using some other utility (like Debut). Having them as a merged audio track is really difficult to work with. For the future you might wanna consider doing something similar so you won't have to split them. Splitting them is only an estimate anyway, and is prone to errors.
Thanks man, I'll consider trying that. For now I'm just going to replay the game recording 15 minutes each video. (So if something goes wrong I don't lose hours worth of gameplay).
09-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Find