Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water in the LevelEditor
Sovjet Offline

Threads: 5
Question  Water in the LevelEditor

Hello Everyone Big Grin

I see in the editor when i open a map for soma water because the level is outside.

Now my question is how do i get that in my map i searched every where but i cant find water or something like it ??
09-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Water in the LevelEditor

It's an illusion of Fog, Physics are disabled or altered, Particles, Sound Effects and slowed Character Movement.

If you want a "Water Plane" like seen in area/map transitions where the water will drain from an Airlock. You can use the "Planes" in the Level Editor and you can browse I think to the "Textures > Liquids > Water". But I'm pretty sure these are all still static ones.

Their are probably some movable ones in the "Entities" somewhere. (You can always look up the maps and figure out what they are)
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 06:14 PM by Rapture.)
09-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Find
Sovjet Offline

Thanks for the info so the water is one hoax haha just a illusion xD
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 08:10 AM by Sovjet.)
09-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

For indoor water what you want to use is a LiquidArea which you can find under Areas. For outdoor water you need a bunch of different effects to make it look good (I'd look into an existing level like 2.4 for some ideas on how to set it up), and also add Map_SetUnderwater(true) to the level script's OnEnter callback.
09-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Find
Aifa Offline

Threads: 0

How do you make a layer water?
Like in Tau in the dive room when you open the door to the airlock, a layer water comes up.
When I make a liquid area I can't see the water but it does make the splash noise and effect when I jump, since I can't find the area in the tau map I have no clue how to make it like that.
10-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Find
Sovjet Offline

(10-02-2015, 08:48 PM)Aifa Wrote: How do you make a layer water?
Like in Tau in the dive room when you open the door to the airlock, a layer water comes up.
When I make a liquid area I can't see the water but it does make the splash noise and effect when I jump, since I can't find the area in the tau map I have no clue how to make it like that.

Well i got the clue how but it wont work out for me either.

I will just wait a little time until tutorials come online. Smile
10-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(10-03-2015, 07:42 AM)Sovjet Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 08:48 PM)Aifa Wrote: How do you make a layer water?

Well i got the clue how but it wont work out for me either.

I will just wait a little time until tutorials come online. Smile

You can wait, which might be a while, or you can try your hand at digging yourself. Find one of these airlock levels where the water rises, open it in the level editor, and find the entity/plane used for rising water. Then open up the .hps file (in notepad or notepad++ or whatever script editing software you use). Find the name of the water entity/plane in the level editor, and then ctrl-f and find that same name in the .hps file and see what scripts are used to create the illusion.

That's the best advice I could offer you, short of waiting for a tutorial, which might be a while. The guys who are currently digging are all digging the same hole, and trying to figure out certain script functions, and how to create CS's, so it might be a while before anyone drops a tutorial on water physics.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 07:49 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
10-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Find