Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPL3 Notepad ++ Intergration
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
HPL3 Notepad ++ Intergration

Hello,

I was wondering how do you set up HPL3 coding for Notepad ++? I'm using this program for less than a year so I am pretty comfortable with it. I copied over the hps.xml files but nothing is coming up!

Any ideas?
10-01-2015, 06:19 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: HPL3 Notepad ++ Intergration

I would say Notepad++ in general is not capable enough to be suitable for HPL3 scripting. It is fine to use for editing lang files, cfg files and do some minor script tweaking. The hps.xml (the idea behind the hps.xml file, the file itself is newly created each time there is something new) is indeed meant for Notepad++, but to be honest this is from 5 years ago and I don't think anyone used it since then.

You should look at downloading codelite, follow the guide on the wiki and use that instead. The main things this will give you are color coding of the scripts, give you autocomplete as you type and show documentation that tells you what the functions and such will do and what the various variables are and allow you to navigate around/down into all the functions/classes and so on.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 07:55 AM by jens.)
10-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Website Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: HPL3 Notepad ++ Intergration

O.K, I'll try it...
10-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Find