Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Scary, good custom stories?
DanDaBruh Offline

Threads: 1
Non-Scary, good custom stories?

Does anyone know any non-scary, good/fun custom stories? (Non-scary cuz I'm a wuss)
09-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Non-Scary, good custom stories?

In terms of SOMA? Nothing's really been made yet.

But Amnesia: The Dark Descent has some pretty notable ones which are story driven rather than scary.
Off the top of my head, you can try:

Amnesia: The Second Dimension which puts you in the shoes of a grunt in a classical 2D sidescrolling game. It can be difficult, but is nonetheless very well done.

Monsters which combines the props and mechanics of Amnesia and Pokemon, a clever and different concept.

Amnesia: A Coward's Debt which looks at exceptional story telling and atmospheric immersion. It's does have its horror themes though, but the story is what really makes it shine.

Alchymist's Rush (2 hours challenge) is an extremely simple mod which will only take you a few minutes to complete, but the actual creation is great. It was created in about 2 hours.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Find
DanDaBruh Offline

Threads: 1

thx Smile
09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

If it gives you some comfort regarding less/not scary mods, I've long toyed with the idea of making a Myst-like mod of Frictional's games. Wink From what I know about the HPL engines, such a feat is definitely possible.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 08:17 PM by PythonBlue.)
10-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(09-27-2015, 08:45 AM)Romulator Wrote: In terms of SOMA? Nothing's really been made yet.

But Amnesia: The Dark Descent has some pretty notable ones which are story driven rather than scary.
Off the top of my head, you can try:

Amnesia: The Second Dimension which puts you in the shoes of a grunt in a classical 2D sidescrolling game. It can be difficult, but is nonetheless very well done.

Monsters which combines the props and mechanics of Amnesia and Pokemon, a clever and different concept.

Amnesia: A Coward's Debt which looks at exceptional story telling and atmospheric immersion. It's does have its horror themes though, but the story is what really makes it shine.

Alchymist's Rush (2 hours challenge) is an extremely simple mod which will only take you a few minutes to complete, but the actual creation is great. It was created in about 2 hours.

If the guy asks for non - scary stories, "A Coward's Debt" is definitely not an option. xD
10-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-02-2015, 10:55 PM)Slanderous Wrote: If the guy asks for non - scary stories, "A Coward's Debt" is definitely not an option. xD

I don't play Custom Stories Tongue I just watch them~

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Find