Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I hated the combat system in Overture. For one not being able to fend yourself makes monsters more scary, but mostly also IMO it was flawed technically.

It looks like they wanted to make it dynamic-ish, like the physics of grabbing/moving objects in the game.. or a Wii game, but in the end every animation is a fixed one, and you just trigger it by moving the mouse in the right direction. Half the time the swing I wanted isn't the one that gets activated, or the game misregisters and doesn't hit, while it could have been done with a simple click, since it's completely redundant to me since the swinging animations aren't dynamic at all and just fixed attacks.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016, 10:12 AM by cantremember.)
10-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Find
Caterpillar Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I voted Very scary and interesting to encounter. And to dive completely into the atmosfere, to respect Frictional Games work, you must use good speakers or headphones (I choosed last one).
With the exception of Construct, I have found them all to be very scary, I can perfectly remember the moments you are crouched in the dark hoping that the monster at some centimeters from you will not hear your presence. This caused me several anxiety moments [Image: biggrin.gif]
Another moment of anxiety was in the server room: I thrown objects in the near room, to attract Proxy attention, it went there, I closed the room door, so I was like "ohhh finally I can have a few moments of relax". Then I suddendly heard the door lock opening sound, and I had a huge W.*.*. and obviously Proxy killed me. I did not expected at all monsters opening the doors. I really enjoyed the relax when I managed to close the monster remotely in a room, when I was using the computer in the security room. I did not feel 100% safe, when I went back into the corridors, but it was a lot better than with the monster going around.

The most scary area for me was the rooms area. I literally avoided to enter into bathrooms, and when going through the rooms corridor I always run because I was pretty sure something wrong was going to happen Big Grin
12-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Find