Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[spoiler]The ARK, humanity, the WAU and human-AIs[spoiler]
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4
[spoiler]The ARK, humanity, the WAU and human-AIs[spoiler]

Is there really supposed to be a correct choice? I realize that launching the ARK has flawed/noble moral conceptions, as does killing the WAU/leaving it alive.

Did it really matter in the end, what the collective remnants of humanity decided to do with themselves? The point at which the ARK leaves the ground is the point at which two separate species are created (interesting thought). Both the ARK and the sentient-robots have the candidates of making good futures for themselves, depending on the choices they make and how they treat each other. It's not like the universe really gives a shit about their 'importance'.

Ain't that what counts? Also, Simon-3 is a whinebag. He, Carl Semken and Robin Bass should form a post-apocalyptic rock group and sing 'Always look on the bright side of life'.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 08:40 PM by caffeine4671.)
10-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: [spoiler]The ARK, humanity, the WAU and human-AIs[spoiler]

It's all a matter of perspective at this point, and what your own personal concepts are of Humanity and such.

Regardless of the choice though, Humanity as a Species as we've known it is no more. Whatever the WAU tries to create will not be "human".

And on the ARK, well, there's nothing there where humanity can affect anything outside of it. All that remains will be trapped in there forever likely.
10-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

(10-09-2015, 11:12 PM)PathOS Wrote: It's all a matter of perspective at this point, and what your own personal concepts are of Humanity and such.

Regardless of the choice though, Humanity as a Species as we've known it is no more. Whatever the WAU tries to create will not be "human".

And on the ARK, well, there's nothing there where humanity can affect anything outside of it. All that remains will be trapped in there forever likely.

Well, my concept of humanity is a group of sentient organisms that use tools and work together to solve problems, so the robots and ARK-people fit that category. Maybe I'm overestimating my ability to be rational in such a situation, should it arise, but I digress.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015, 01:24 AM by caffeine4671.)
10-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

A friend of mine was telling me if you don't kill the Wau in the abyss, it shows up in the simulation on the ark. I haven't tried it but he was looking through script files I believe.
10-10-2015, 04:23 AM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

(10-10-2015, 04:23 AM)Statyk Wrote: A friend of mine was telling me if you don't kill the Wau in the abyss, it shows up in the simulation on the ark. I haven't tried it but he was looking through script files I believe.

Guess all the more reason to kill the WAU then right? I don't believe in the non-aggression principle when it comes to the WAU. If it's committing egregious violations of what I believe to be others right to life (robots, proxies or otherwise), dictating terms to them and feeding off of them, I'm totally okay with killing it to prevent that. Ignorance of its actions or otherwise. I have the opportunity and I'm going to take it.

I'm sure my argument will get mistaken for agreeing with Ross, but that's not the case. Ross had selfish reasons for killing the WAU, not so much preventing the WAU encroaching on the lives of the remaining sentient organisms, but because robot AIs shouldn't exist period and only super-special organic humans should.
And if you happened to not agree with Ross, he'd force you to do what he wanted. Both Ross and the WAU are better off dead, but for entirely different reasons.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015, 07:47 PM by caffeine4671.)
10-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Find