Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy missing important anims
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
Enemy missing important anims

So, I've been screwing around in the editor for a couple of days or so, and I've played around with mostly all of the enemies in the game. While it's expected for the unused enemies to be missing some animations, for some reason, Cthulhu-face from Tau is missing a couple. I've looked into his file in the model viewer and it seems he's missing both his idle and run animation.

Considering the way he works, which is walking a short distance and then staring for prolonged amounts of time, this is kind of problematic. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if it's just something that got messed up on my side? I asked a friend to check and it seemed not to be working for him as well.

I tried going back to Tau in the main game to see if it wasn't working there too, but loading old saves after clicking New Game (bad idea) in the main menu seems to have reset everything from my old save. Can't get past the Tau airlock since I never collected Catherine apparently.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Enemy missing important anims

It has happened with every enemy that isn't the flesher and the construct for me. The Chutulu-face guy was missing his animations for walking/running when I was playing SOMA for the first time. Big immersion breaker.
10-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Enemy missing important anims

Bumpity, now with a video to kind of express what deepsea_diver_monster is like out in the field.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Find