Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My feelings about the game.
Siseasu Offline

Threads: 1
My feelings about the game.

I just finished the game right now and i'm aware that everyone has their own taste but for me, honestly - except both HL1 and HL2(+episodes), that was the greatest journey when it comes to playing a game ever. The game sucked me in so much that I felt like i'm there, doing all that. When end credits appeared I couldn't believe it for a second so I just watched them scrolling. Atmosphere is amazing, i'm so glad that I gave this game a chance. Thank you Frictional Games for creating this magnificent game, I truly appreciate your work.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 10:19 PM by Siseasu.)
10-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: My feelings about the game.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I've recently replayed Amnesia and a lot of Custom Stories, and I for one am glad that this game moved far far away from "run and hide from monsters!", as after a while it just becomes tedious to do so.

Personally I think what makes this game work so well is the level of care and detail the Frictional put into building the in-game world. The construction of Pathos-2 and its environments "makes sense", in that things have a logical or plausible reason for being the way they are, with each section of the station laid out in a way that tells a narrative of its own. There are no hallways or rooms that are meaningless or items and props in rooms that don't have some sort of purpose.

From beginning to end there's no lull in the storytelling, each asset you encounter tells yet another part of the whole. It keeps you riveted and engaged and wanting to know what happens next. Truly remarkable storytelling.
10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Find
geladeira Offline

Threads: 0

I can't find anything to say after just finishing the game but Thank You! Thank you Frictional Games for creating this game, it was probably the best experience i've ever had in gaming. This game is so immersive, it makes us care so much for the character in a way many games have a hard time trying to. I just want to leave my impression about the game, maybe they'll read and know how much their work is incredible.
10-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

(10-12-2015, 10:19 PM)Siseasu Wrote: I just finished the game right now and i'm aware that everyone has their own taste but for me, honestly - except both HL1 and HL2(+episodes), that was the greatest journey when it comes to playing a game ever. The game sucked me in so much that I felt like i'm there, doing all that. When end credits appeared I couldn't believe it for a second so I just watched them scrolling. Atmosphere is amazing, i'm so glad that I gave this game a chance. Thank you Frictional Games for creating this magnificent game, I truly appreciate your work.

As someone who has an absolute fear of both robots and the open ocean, this game hit the spot for me. I absolutely loved SOMA. Just beat it tonight. Took me a while, but I made sure to savor it best that I could Big Grin
10-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Find
Siseasu Offline

Threads: 1

I expected a horror game and it was but in a different way - for example you get attached to something and then you have to make a decision to kill or destroy and it gets on your psyche. It's not like amnesia where you have monsters chasing you all the time, where you play the game and you know what to expect already. SOMA is something different. The story itself is a horror, Simon went through all this BS to realize he's just a copy, that man extinct, even the ones on the ARK are just a living copies of what used to be human once - living in a hard drive, floating in the space... Imagine something like that could happen in the future. Most games have good/bad endings. There is neither good nor bad ending - you have that extra cutscene of Simon 4 but in the end you realize that the previous one is still underwater on his own. This game is a masterpiece and I hope that we're gonna see much more from Frictional Games in the future. There is still hope in gaming industry.
10-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Find