Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download hpl3 tools?
Khudsa Offline

Threads: 2
Download hpl3 tools?

Hello,

I know that the tools for hpl3 are included with the windows installation (https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/co...ng_started). Other people asked for the linux versions of the tools like this and this. My question is a little bit different. The alternative solution, meanwhile there isn't a linux native hpl3 tools is to install SOMA windows version on a secondary partition, virtual machine, secondary pc etc. obtain the tools and then run it on wine, for example. But I don't have windows, neither on a secondary partition (dual boot), virtual machine, secondary pc etc.

Will the hpl3 tools be available as standalone download in the future?

Thanks,
10-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Download hpl3 tools?

They said they might release tools for Mac/Linux if the demand is there, which I'm not sure how much is required of. I'd love a Mac release myself, but it would be a waste to do if there aren't more than a few requesting it.

10-20-2015, 02:18 AM
Find
Khudsa Offline

Threads: 2

Yes, I know. But my question is not if the tools will be available for mac/linux, which will be cool, of course. My question is if it will be as separate download to be run on wine, if they are the windows version, without the need of a windows installation.

Thanks,
10-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I see. Well, the editors do rely a lot on other files in the game install. Even if they are to be released separately (like HPL2), they still need to be installed/extracted in the SOMA game directory to function. I also don't think it would be possible to run them in a Linux-installed game dir copied to Windows (if that were of question). I think the only way of running the editors through Wine is to run the entire game through Wine.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 10:10 AM by Mudbill.)
10-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Find