Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA Crashes on startup
ParkbenchM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago SOMA Crashes on startup
SOMA runs perfectly fine when it does manage to launch. The FPS is fine and it does not crash. In the HPL logs after a succesful launch my GTX 860M is noted and the Open GL number is higher than 3.3.0. Now 80% of the time the game immediatly crashes upon starting and the hpl log states that the card had Open GL 1 and the card was absent (including the integrated one). I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both graphics cards; disabled one and the other; turned off a bunch of background programs while trying to run the game; updated the drivers; and verified the integrity as well as apply administrator settings and compatability settings. If i somehow magically get the game to start, it will play fine for the duration until I restart my computer. It will then give the same error; and I have to do a myriad of things again and sometimes it doesnt even work.

Does anyone have any suggestions from hearing this or solutions that worked for them?
10-26-2015, 08:45 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: SOMA Crashes on startup
You can set the game to start with the Nvidia card manually via the Nvidia Control Panel.

Nvidia Optimus also has a right click option which allows you to select between iGPU and dGPU.
10-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.