Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player hands when lying or climb on ladder
Nanatsumi Offline

Threads: 29
Player hands when lying or climb on ladder

How to make player hands when lying or climb on ladder like in SOMA?
11-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Player hands when lying or climb on ladder

Good luck with that. It was never implemented, and Amnesia is not nearly as moddable as SOMA is, so you might not be able to. You'll have to trick the engine into doing many other actions to even get close.

Perhaps you can create an NPC with the arm models that spawns as you hit a ladder, then use GetPlayerPos to detect when the player moves up or down, and move the NPC of the arms in the same way, along with an animation. It's vulnerable, but perhaps possible, but far from worth it in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 09:07 PM by Mudbill.)
11-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

can be done, but will require ALOT of scripting, rigging and animating from you.
11-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

It is possible, but you'd spend a lot of time.
I thought about this once, and tried it twice.
the climb on ladderisn't something I "worked on"
but I have created some scenes in my upcoming custom story where you basically jump, and "hold the edge" of an mountain or whatever.
You really have to do it good, precisely.
the result for me was finally this:
You jump on a mountain edge, you see 2 hands holding the cliff, and "movelookdirections" etc. You look up, and down, breath heavily, see some mini "stones" breaking somewhere on the mountain with some fog particle effects etc etc, and then there is a RandInt, 50% you can get up, on the mountain, 50% the rocks will break and you will fall in the deep darkness.
(of course you scream and shake with your hands in the air if you fall down)
This took me a very very long time to create.
not just to create it, but I played some other online (console) games meanwhile, so worked on amnesia like once or twice in a week...

hope this helps you, don't rush it, Make it go slow, do EVERYTHING to maximize the vision!
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Find
Nanatsumi Offline

Threads: 29

(11-04-2015, 03:13 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: It is possible, but you'd spend a lot of time.
I thought about this once, and tried it twice.
the climb on ladderisn't something I "worked on"
but I have created some scenes in my upcoming custom story where you basically jump, and "hold the edge" of an mountain or whatever.
You really have to do it good, precisely.
the result for me was finally this:
You jump on a mountain edge, you see 2 hands holding the cliff, and "movelookdirections" etc. You look up, and down, breath heavily, see some mini "stones" breaking somewhere on the mountain with some fog particle effects etc etc, and then there is a RandInt, 50% you can get up, on the mountain, 50% the rocks will break and you will fall in the deep darkness.
(of course you scream and shake with your hands in the air if you fall down)
This took me a very very long time to create.
not just to create it, but I played some other online (console) games meanwhile, so worked on amnesia like once or twice in a week...

hope this helps you, don't rush it, Make it go slow, do EVERYTHING to maximize the vision!

Wow.. Maybe i wont be use this function, too long
11-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Find