Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Catherine 2 Awakens. *Spoilers*
SiLvABuLLetZ Offline

Threads: 2
Catherine 2 Awakens. *Spoilers*

"--king Moron!"
Catherine's shrieking echoed off the aluminum piping and bounced through the silvery black corridors. All words hung at Simon's tongue. Ever since the launch, he's grudgingly refused to reactivate his digital companion. Stranded in isolation, he hasn't spoken a word, to himself or anyone for the longest that he could remember. After a long silence, he finally spoke.
"I understand now," he whispered.
"You what-" Catherine's outburst was frozen by silence, her echoes joined with the whooshing of the crushing water that surrounded the metal walls that encased them. "Wait- where am I? How long have I been out?"
"323 days," Simon said calmly.
"How- where are we? I can't scan this database."
Catherine waited impatiently for Simon's reply.
"Simon are you there?"
"Yes, I'm here."
"Where are we?" Catherine asked again. "And why has it been so long?"
"I was so angry. I hated you every day. I would have killed myself, but the only thing that made me feel alive- that gave me any hope, was hating you. And I was going to continue hating you until-"
Simon could feel Catherine waiting anxiously.
"I found a... place Catherine. I found what the higher ups were hiding all this time. I found another reason to hate." Anger began to boil in Simon's voice.
"Simon.." Catherine said with a pause. "Where are we," her voice soothed.
"...Pathos 3."

Background
Pathos 1, 2, and 3 were part of a Top Secret 'continuation program', and information was discovered that indicated that the elite funded the program. Pathos 3 was the latest program version and it similarly had been working toward the objective of using human brain scan data to continue consciousness. Pathos 1 aimed to house a failed ark 'beta' program on the surface (to test theoretical functionality), 2 in space (successful), and 3 - deeper into Earth's core. Moreover, the Comet Impact could have been avoided, but the elite chose to allow Earth's destruction due to overpopulation and total chaos due to failing economies. Thus, lied about new weapons (proven theoretically) being unable to force the comet's path to deviate and created the Continuation Program as a fail-over.
Pathos 3 has been working with a top secret technology on top of brain scanning. It's discovered a key protocol in the WAU that enables one to manipulate conscious actively and remotely. Total control. The deeper secret is that Pathos 3 doesn't just house an Ark of the facility's occupants, but most of the entire world's after 2053 by which a secret scanning technology was scanning people's conscious without their consent and without their awareness. The elite are living in this active Ark and manipulating their world as they see fit. Simon stumbled upon the Continuation Program documents right before he was going to pull the plug on himself.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015, 06:25 AM by SiLvABuLLetZ.)
11-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Find
PiratesFr33k Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Catherine 2 Awakens. *Spoilers*

This is a nice idea. However, I've got two problems with it.

1. I really, really don't like the general idea of Simon being driven by hate.

2. How did Simon get to Pathos 3?
11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Find