Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is the perfect eerieness?
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: What is the perfect eerieness?

Not sure why you would need a warning for a link for a discussion about corpses in a horror setting...

Corpses in video games have never been terrifying, horrifying, or disgusting for me, personally (unless I'm simply suppressing unpleasant memories). They're just such a natural part of video games (don't know if this is a good or a bad thing), that, really, when you've seen one corpse, you've seen them all. Games have been able to include some fairly realistic mutilations--just look at Left 4 Dead 2, where you can blow off limbs, rip open their chest cavities and see their organs, and blow holes clean through people whilst watching their entrails slop out on the ground.

But there is always a disconnect--a sizable buffer from reality that prevents the sort of true revulsion that would arise in real life. No game has ever made me want to turn away from a dead body.

From a gaming perspective, dead bodies are totally lame. In real life, however...that is a totally different story.

09-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Find
UnseenLegend ( NL ) Offline

Threads: 10

well if you Really want to Crap in your pants Look this Japan's FLASH Comic script When The picture is moving when You scroll Down so I worng you all guys This Comic is seriously [18+] No Sex and stuff only its Seriouly Bloodly and Black eyes. when i Watch it i was standing for 2 hours like this "O_O"
[Link Disabled by my Self][ Over The limit of Scary Horror]
i looked fully at the comic and it was the most Scariest thing in my Hole Life i dont want to Share it anymore

[Image: read-image.asp?n=n-20121202110321-m.jpg&r=8]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 11:34 PM by UnseenLegend ( NL ).)
09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
Xenomorph Offline

Threads: 1

Personally the dungeons were scary because of atmosphere. The music that plays in Frictionals games and in most games generally is what drives the soundscape of fear. However I do enjoy frightening bloody messes, they just have to be done in good taste.

What makes these games so scary is the lack of weaponry and that you literally have to run away from the monsters.
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Find