Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCRIPTING TUTORIALS
SwordLion Offline

Threads: 1
Shocked  SCRIPTING TUTORIALS

Hello everyone! I was creating levels and using scripts in Amnesia back in time but Soma has different scripting.There is no helpful tutorial on the wiki other than technical ones.I need some tutorials and examples on how to use more advanced functionalities of hpl3 scripts like classes,objects other than the functions we write and trigger.I think everyone needs these Smile
12-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: SCRIPTING TUTORIALS

Did you have anything specific in mind? As it sounds right now, it seems like what you are asking for is a general object-oriented programming tutorial rather than something specific to HPL3.
12-17-2015, 06:02 AM
Find
SwordLion Offline

Threads: 1

(12-17-2015, 06:02 AM)Abion47 Wrote: Did you have any specific in mind? As it sounds right now, it seems like what you are asking for is a general object-oriented programming tutorial rather than something specific to HPL3.

I know c++ classes but the way classes work is different in hpl3 and I couldn't figure it out.If I have to be more specific; what are the differences between Hpl2 and Hpl3 on script side.
12-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

I never did any modding in the HPL2 days, so I couldn't help you there. What I can say, though, is that the way classes are handled in HPL3 is very similar to C++ in most ways. The biggest (and one of the only) major difference is that you don't need to declare your class fields and functions in a header file.
12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Find