Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Purchasing Penumbra as a gift
Neuromante Offline

Threads: 1
Purchasing Penumbra as a gift

Hello makers of Penumbra and other non-directly-penumbra-developers-people!

Yesterday I got the Humble Indie Pack and found about the cupon thing. As I like nice offers, I'm about to get the trilogy for the discounted price.

But, oh my! A problen arises: My Paypal account its shaking. Of course, I have friends, and, more acurately, friends with non-shaking paypal accounts. This, together with the fact that I actually have some "retail money", gave me a nice idea.
But, again, a problem arises: In your shop there's no information about "gift-giving", or even "what" I get when I purchase the pack (Or at least, I haven't been able to find it). So, in form of short-non-story-driven questions:

- There's any way to get a friend to buy for me the games with the cupon and give 'em to me as a gift? (Besides him purchasing and giving me the links)
- Do I get, on purchase, a download link "wich will last forever", as those wich I got with the humble pack? (So I can download the games, store 'em in a external hard drive, smash it "accidentaly" with a hammer and then download the games again)

I have a stron feeling those are already answered questions, but I haven't been able to find the answer, so, any answer?
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Purchasing Penumbra as a gift

Your friend can use your email address/name and such when buying the game, this way you would get the receipt with the download information and such. That's the only option I'm afraid as far as gifting goes at the moment.

You get a download link that will last for ever in the sense as long as we can or want to. We advice that you always backup the game as we can not guarantee that we will always be around or that we can offer the games. Relying on small companies to keep you backup copies is probably no the most reliable idea Smile Not that we have any plans of shutting down, I am only saying it could happened or anything else could happened that results in no more download options.
05-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Website Find
Neuromante Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Purchasing Penumbra as a gift

All right, many thanks for the answers, I'm already downloading the games.
It seems it worked like a charm ^_^

And for the "forever" part, don't worry; I just wanted to know about the "delivery" system, and how it works. I have a external HDD for those things, and besides "accidental" hammer smashes, floating-above-it magnets and elephants running around its a safe storage.

Thanks for all, and good job with the games, theyr'e some of the few titles wich really scares me Tongue
05-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Find