Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Question about PreOrder Amnesia
inside Stargaze Offline

Threads: 1
Question about PreOrder Amnesia

On the PreOrder Page stands:
Quote:Pre-orders in the Frictional Games Store will give you access to Windows, Mac & Linux on release.

Does this mean that I can Download the Windows and the Mac Version with one PreOrder or must I PreOrder the Game twice for Both Versions?
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Question about PreOrder Amnesia

Check this thread, and the posts #15 and #16.

05-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Website Find
inside Stargaze Offline

Thanks for the answer but how is it with fhe Frictional Games Store? Will I bw abele to Download both, the Windows and the Mac Version with just one PreOrder? (Penumbra for example, I need to buy two times, one Windows and one Mac Version)

Sorry if the answer ist just in the linked Thread, but english isn`t my native language and I have sometimes Problems with understanding the whole sense of some Postings.
05-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Ah, you bought it through their store. That I don't know, sorry.
You'll have to wait for developers to confirm how it's done.

05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Website Find
borsdy Away

I asked the same sort of thing in the thread linked above, jens just gave me a bottled response and didn't answer my question :x
05-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Website Find
Tzajof Offline

I don't know how the DRM on Amnesia will be when downloading from the Frictional store, but at least in regards to Steam, I assume it should work like anything else where you can install it on as many computers as you want as long as you log in and so on (which should include both PC and Mac- that is, if you own the game on Windows, you also own it on Mac etc).

Not that this is an official reply since it's just my guess, but I think it makes sense.

But if you're not going to be using the Steam version, I can't be sure. Perhaps you can download the installer as a once-off download that you can keep around to install wherever you want, maybe you can download both platform installers at the same time, or just one, I'm not sure. Or maybe there'll be a serial-key management of sorts that might allow you to have multiple installations on both platforms. :S I really don't know in that respect.

Suffice to say I've practically no experience with PC DRM save for Steam, which is much simpler.
05-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

(05-09-2010, 04:56 AM)Tzajof Wrote: I don't know how the DRM on Amnesia will be when downloading from the Frictional store, but at least in regards to Steam, I assume it should work like anything else where you can install it on as many computers as you want as long as you log in and so on (which should include both PC and Mac- that is, if you own the game on Windows, you also own it on Mac etc).

Not that this is an official reply since it's just my guess, but I think it makes sense.

But if you're not going to be using the Steam version, I can't be sure. Perhaps you can download the installer as a once-off download that you can keep around to install wherever you want, maybe you can download both platform installers at the same time, or just one, I'm not sure. Or maybe there'll be a serial-key management of sorts that might allow you to have multiple installations on both platforms. :S I really don't know in that respect.

Suffice to say I've practically no experience with PC DRM save for Steam, which is much simpler.

Yeah i want to know that too! Are we able to have both versions? The Steam version and the download on frictional games? Or do we have to choose one?
05-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

How about answer 21 in the above mention thread? isn't that enough?
05-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Website Find
borsdy Away

It is unfortunate that some Steam games still have their own DRM methods on top of the default, already reasonable control of content Steam uses.
(05-09-2010, 08:16 AM)jens Wrote: How about answer 21 in the above mention thread? isn't that enough?
How about a straight explanation than sharing the same vague info found on the website?
05-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You get all three games and that is what it says. I suppose this is so amazing that you can't believe it to be true?
05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Website Find