Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

SteamWorks and Steam Cloud support?
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1
RE: SteamWorks and Steam Cloud support?

I'm not really interested in steam achievements, but I love having all my games in steam. I don't really think this game needs steamcloud though
05-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Find
Genexi Offline

Threads: 0

How about the recently announced Steam Play support?

Given Valve is releasing the Mac build of their digital distribution platform today, getting a mac build of the Penumbra Collection would seem like more potential revenue, as well as treating PC owners with the ability to play their purchased title on their Macs as well if they own one.
(and possibly Linux as well if some rumors end up being true)
05-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Find
Dr Bob Offline

Threads: 0

(05-10-2010, 07:58 PM)Thomas Wrote: If we use any steamworks stuff it is gonna be very optional!

You could take the route Borderlands took.

All Steam Store purchases of Borderlands include support for Steam achievements; an element of Steamworks.

However, retail purchases of Borderlands include no support for Steam and no achievements - not even in-game achievements a la Mass Effect 2.

That way, Steam-activated and Steam-purchased copies of Amnesia will provide the Steamworks facilities to people who want them, such as achievements, cloud-based syncing for your savegames and leaderboards to name a few.
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

Would be very awesome to have saves and config files stored online, I mean its a must for all games these days, it means you can play from anywhere, and its just overall less of a hassle when you format your pc.

Steam is amazing thats the reason Pc gaming is alive, and so many useful features, its shame to see how many companies that dont use them but just cry over low sales Undecided
09-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

We are will probably be looking into SteamCloud after release. Of course it must be possible to save offline, but I really like the idea of not having to keep track of save games.
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Find
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3

Why is it now 20% off on steam? I bought it much earlier at only 10% off. Wouldn't it make sense that if you supported earlier you'd get rewarded?

:'(
09-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Find
Naserve Offline

Threads: 3

I think Steam has the final say on their prices but I'm not sure.
09-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Wow, Amnesia seems to enter to Top Sellers in Steam.
I felt like my own-made game has entered to Top10 list Smile

09-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Website Find