Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

DLC for 4000€
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
DLC for 4000€

What do you think about the fact that one game on Steam will cost you 4000€ if you bought all the DLCs separately? Sure you can buy the "Steam Mega Edition" for 130€ which includes some of it, but still the thought that there are currently about 250 different pieces of DLC for this game is ridiculous!

Any other games with high amounts of DLC?
I know that PAYDAY 2 also has a lot of DLC and they are still creating more...

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 01:04 AM by Yuhaney.)
12-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: DLC for 4000€

Just like to clarify that the equivalent USD price of the game you specified is $44.99. Just throwing it out there, because most people can have an idea of what price they would be paying for in USD.

People will pay absurd prices for things that they desire. I mean.. who spends $8 on a Steam wallpaper...? Not me... Noo, not at all! But of course, in actuality, it comes down to content and how much it caters for the user. I mean, to be fair, I'd never pay for a train simulator since trains do not interest me at all.

But some people would definitely pay to play for such. The Last of Us was ~$99.95 AUD (Probably about $80USD when it was released) and I paid a further $39 for the Season Pass because I knew I would be playing it for quite a while. Did the same with Black Ops II. They're the only two SP's I have bought and I don't regret them since the games have a fair amount of replayability and catered to my needs and kept my dopamine levels going.

Just some DLC's in $USD.
Spoiler below!
[Image: 78aed621aa.png]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 01:00 AM by Romulator.)
12-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

I wouldn't either, but at least you can sell the background if you want some rare ones. However, I would pay high price for a single physical game that goes into my collection but even then I would really have to rethink the situation if price is at hundreds. That would mean many, many other interesting titles I could be picking up. Here the situation is at thousands on a digital content I have no way to resell forwards...

I just noticed that majority of the DLC isn't even included in the Mega Edition. It has the base game and 13 DLC out of the current 246. You really have to pay thousands to experience the full game.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 01:21 AM by Yuhaney.)
12-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I think it is fine. This is because the DLCs are all 'add on's. It's like building Lego. You pick the pieces you want, buy them, and then you play the game that you put together. You're not forced to buy all of the DLCs. You just buy those you think are interesting.

4000 seems like a lot, but that's because you're looking at it all, when you shouldn't. You should look at each and every piece and figure out if you want it or not.

Trying is the first step to success.
12-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Yeah, I mean you could add up all of League of Legends Skin prices and lordy, what does that number come to? It's moreso a pick and choose like Flawless said
12-14-2015, 04:54 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Get the most expensive CS:GO knife skin for, oh I don't know, like 100,000 dollars. I know for a fact there is one at like 35k, so wouldn't surprise me.

However those are just cosmetic, and shouldn't fall into the "DLC" category. Aren't the DLC for Train Simulator just visual things? I guess if it's a single player game it doesn't matter. I believe those packs are different train models. Of course, someone might buy them, but I honestly think they are charging a biiiit much for just a cart design. A few bucks each would be fair.

12-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

From my perspective, I see skins different from an actual DLC.

Skins don't really change the gameplay itself, just the looks of a single model. Therefore if I bought a new knife skin on CS:GO or new character skin in DOTA 2, I wouldn't get anything new to learn. Unless the skin changes the model or adds new attacks and/or moves to my character, I do not see it as DLC. Paying 30,000€ for a skin would be same to me if I sprayed my computer and consoles with gold. It now looks shiny and cool, but it still doesn't change how it worked before.

To me, playing a game is learning and I enjoy finding out new things. If I am playing a game I really enjoy and after reaching the end of the cycle what I can learn on my own I will go online to see what others have found out and play with the knowledge until I get bored. Skin doesn't cut for long for me.

Maybe if I was the kind of person who played this game, and this game only, for the next 20 years I might eventually buy it all because much of the stuff adds new locations and trains. However, some of the DLC needs another DLC before you can even use the first.

12-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(12-14-2015, 12:27 PM)IIPEE Wrote: However, some of the DLC needs another DLC before you can even use the first.

That's just how it works.

You could argue that if one thing needs another thing to work, it should just be included...
But perhaps there isn't just one thing that requires the main DLC, but 20 things. That's a hell of a DLC suddenly, and we only wanted those first 2 DLCs...

Pick, and choose.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2015, 04:24 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
12-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Find