Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How you prefer your horror games:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
With weapons.
4.17%
1 4.17%
With no weapons.
16.67%
4 16.67%
With weapons and no weapons.
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapons or no weapons in horror games?
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games?

You haven't.
It's my personal taste as I described. That doesn't mean to be a omnipresent rule.
I would like something in between of Bioshock and Soma(or Amnesia) to put it simply.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 11:56 PM by Radiance.)
01-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(01-19-2016, 08:05 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I am sorry if I have offended you. I just have very stern opinions.

And the understatement of the year goes to...

Regarding the lack of weapons in recent survival horror games, I don't really mind because I feel that Outlast and Amnesia worked brilliantly without them and I don't feel that they would have suited SOMA very well due to Simon's obvious lack of any sort of combat or self-defense training. Alien Isolation had weapons but you still felt quite helpless throughout it as they did almost nothing against the incredibly deadly Xenomorphs and defeating one of those androids took almost forever. If Frictional games wants to include weapons in future titles I think they'll take note of what Alien Isolation did well with them, Tom has mentioned the game in a positive light in his blog before.
01-20-2016, 02:42 AM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

Example of the interesting survival sci-fi horor gameplay with and without the weapons.

02-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Find