Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Payment Methods
zak Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Payment Methods

(08-19-2010, 06:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I hope really, that new payment methods being added shortly after release.
Yes, I did knew, FG will not run away with my credit card details but i never give in this details in the internet because who says me that i have not a trojan or any spyware.
Well, time to try out the latest Ubuntu I think. You just run the live version from CD, connect to the internet and buy the game. All sensitive data is sent over encrypted connection. No possibility of having a trojan horse or spyware.

And while you're at it, you can install it to hard disk and even play Amnesia on Ubuntu :-)

No really, I totally understand the reason not to trust windows with its easy possibility of having malware on the system. That's one of the reasons I don't even use it for any other things today.

And as spukrian posted, apart from that you can transfer money directly to paypal the way you want to.

As much as I would like a boxed version, too, I can see that directly selling the game to the users can have its advantages for the developers. They have more freedom, it is cheaper and the money goes directly to where it belongs.

Zak
08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13

(08-19-2010, 10:47 PM)zak Wrote: Well, time to try out the latest Ubuntu I think. You just run the live version from CD, connect to the internet and buy the game. All sensitive data is sent over encrypted connection. No possibility of having a trojan horse or spyware.

And while you're at it, you can install it to hard disk and even play Amnesia on Ubuntu :-)

No really, I totally understand the reason not to trust windows with its easy possibility of having malware on the system. That's one of the reasons I don't even use it for any other things today.

Or, stick with Windows and use your brain. Smile
08-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

No, I not want to install ubuntu. I only like Windows and i want not to have an Ubuntu version of Amnesia lol.

But can anyone of you preorder the game for me?
I say you the details to fill out the fields and my email address. Before that all I will transfer the money to your bank.

I hope, I can trust.
08-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

(08-20-2010, 09:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: No, I not want to install ubuntu. I only like Windows and i want not to have an Ubuntu version of Amnesia lol.

I say you the details to fill out the fields and my email address. Before that all I will transfer the money to your bank.

I hope, I can trust.

So you don't trust typing your credit information into your own PC that you can easily check for viruses/spyware/etc. because you're afraid that a hacker might get it, but you trust sending money to someone you've never met before and hoping they give you what you're after in return? Tongue
08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(08-20-2010, 10:13 PM)SHODANFreeman Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 09:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: No, I not want to install ubuntu. I only like Windows and i want not to have an Ubuntu version of Amnesia lol.

I hope, I can trust.

So you don't trust typing your credit information into your own PC that you can easily check for viruses/spyware/etc. because you're afraid that a hacker might get it, but you trust sending money to someone you've never met before and hoping they give you what you're after in return? Tongue

Thanks for the laughs! Best of today. Tongue
Yes, I think exactly the same.

But now, jokes aside.
If you won't give your credit card online, can't you then just buy it in a store and not download it?
In my opinion, that would be the most safest way, if you don't trust the online store.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2010, 11:47 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Website Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Also, another option might be to purchase a pre-paid credit card at a retail store and use that online. I don't know if they offer those where you live, but they are a good option if you're unsure of the credibility of a site/the security of the terminal you're using. Smile
08-21-2010, 02:24 AM
Find
zak Offline

Tongue

I mentioned the *live* version of ubuntu. No installing needed. After securely entering credit card information and buying the game you can safely go back to precious Windows.

But I think you just don't want to use a credit card or Paypal and stick to methods you have used before, am I right? In this case you really just can hope, someone will offer this service for you. Angel
08-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I must say, I have no credit card, I only have a maestro card. I think I can not buying online with this - only in austria.
And my father means I should never paying online.

If I do this, a hacker might me able to get all my money.
But if I can not trust you, then only 16 Euro are lost.

I want to buy the game in Stores but it is not sure, if you get it during this year.

My last chance is to wait until Amazon has the retail version in stock.
08-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Find
zak Offline

Well, not HAVING a credit card is of course different then.
And if you cannot convince your father (or someone else) that there really are thousands of people worldwide who regularly order and pay online to reliable shops this is indeed a problem.
08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

I take it pre-paid cards are not an option in your area then? Huh
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Find