Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2 weeks left
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13
RE: 2 weeks left

(08-29-2010, 12:40 PM)zak Wrote: I would be interested in the process and the downside for the developers, for selling the game in a boxed version by a publisher. Maybe someone can tell something about it?
Is it like, when you've made a contract, the developer almost has nothing left and most money goes to the publisher? Perhaps he decides, what elements there should be and should not be in the game? And the release date of course should best be yesterday... I hope not...

1. Well, by buying from a developer's store, only the developer, the transaction services, and the server holder (if its not the developer), get a cut.

When you buy from a local shop, the developer gets a cut, the publisher (if its not the developer) gets a cut, the maker/printer of the discs/covers gets a cut (if its not the publisher), the distributor gets a cut (if its not the publisher), and the local shop owner gets a cut.

2. About the publisher, depends on what kind of deal you make. For example, you can have a publisher that messes in your development (Activison and Call of Duty / Starcraft 2), a publisher that helps with the development (2K Games and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion), or a publisher that just distributes your games (EA and Valve's games). <--- Just examples.

And about the contracts, there are infinite possibilities.
08-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Find
zak Offline

Threads: 4

@KavazovAngel: Well I already figured what you wrote, but I tought someone could tell in more detail, i.e. how much percentage the developer gets and something like that.
08-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(08-29-2010, 04:55 PM)zak Wrote: @KavazovAngel: Well I already figured what you wrote, but I tought someone could tell in more detail, i.e. how much percentage the developer gets and something like that.

I think that's not something always being same.

08-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Website Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

We are nearly a week away folks! Big Grin
08-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

When this game finally comes out, I have a feeling I'll need to stay away from the forums for a while...to avoid any unnecessary spoilers. I'm sure someone will have it beat an hour after midnight. ;-)

08-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I will do exactly the same, Graykin.
09-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Find