Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

Well, I finished it. Actually I finished it over a week ago but my internet stopped working. Anyway..

Amnesia is truly outstanding! Frictional scared the stuffing out of me once again.
Spoiler below!
* I really like the sanity effects. Those cracking/creaking sounds when you´re in the dark are aggravating, but in a good way of course. Certainly raises my blood pressure. And the mild stress I feel when Daniel falls down on the floor crawling around helplessly.
* I notice that there is some randomness. I went into a a room and heard a scream, but on the second playthrough I heard Daniel say something instead.
* At first I thought the "Don´t-touch-the-floor" with the invisible monster was going to be really difficult and frustrating, but I held out and it wasn´t that bad really (I didn´t die.. in fact I didn´t get hurt at all... maybe I should change the difficulty).
* There wasn´t much physics interaction in the demo but I believe that there will be much more in the full version. There wasn´t much physics interaction in the Penumbra demos either.

Well, the full version is out, so I guess I´ll lay low untill I´ve gotten my hands on it.
09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

I really enjoyed the game, I'm on the second playthrough while I'm waiting for the editor.

Just one note, the italian translation is horrible. I'm glad that is only text translated so i can switch it to english.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
09-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Find