Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What happened since the trailers?
xgatto Offline

Threads: 1
What happened since the trailers?

I've seen all the trailers, and I remember one where the guy moved a table to block the door.
I was very hyped for that, I thought "gosh, if I can move a table I can move everything"...
But in game, you cant move no table, no nothing, just small objects.

So what happened with that?
09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Find
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8
RE: What happened since the trailers?

Yeah, that was one thing that I missed but liked from the trailer. I also thought I could push tables to block doors, too bad it somehow got lost Sad

09-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Find
xgatto Offline

Threads: 1

(09-14-2010, 12:39 AM)Adeno Wrote: Yeah, that was one thing that I missed but liked from the trailer. I also thought I could push tables to block doors, too bad it somehow got lost Sad

Yea... Tho, im still looking forward to be able to make movable tables and bigger objects with the editor.
09-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

I've moved things in front of doors before. Usually barrels or fallen bookcases, things like that.
09-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Find
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8

Yup me too. But it doesn't seem to do anything though for example... (in the spoilers below):

Spoiler below!

In the Guest Room (in the Back Hall after you escape the water monster), when you use the crowbar to open the door to the right and you read a letter, a monster would suddenly come in the main room. As an experiment, I loaded the door with everything I could find, paintings, chairs, and even ceramic stuff as well as boxes. After I hid in the cabinet and the monster broke down the door to where I was hiding, it left. When I went out and checked, the barricade that I made was untouched.

It seems that the monster was able to walk through them or it spawned in the middle of the room, oh well hehe.

I also tried putting the barricade from within the room. Same result. Door got busted open and things just fell over. Still took the monster the same amount of time to make its way inside.

09-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

To be fair, that's a scripted monster encounter that is supposed to play out the same way no matter what.
09-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

(09-14-2010, 04:11 AM)Adeno Wrote: Yup me too. But it doesn't seem to do anything though for example... (in the spoilers below):

Spoiler below!

In the Guest Room (in the Back Hall after you escape the water monster), when you use the crowbar to open the door to the right and you read a letter, a monster would suddenly come in the main room. As an experiment, I loaded the door with everything I could find, paintings, chairs, and even ceramic stuff as well as boxes. After I hid in the cabinet and the monster broke down the door to where I was hiding, it left. When I went out and checked, the barricade that I made was untouched.

It seems that the monster was able to walk through them or it spawned in the middle of the room, oh well hehe.

I also tried putting the barricade from within the room. Same result. Door got busted open and things just fell over. Still took the monster the same amount of time to make its way inside.

You also have to realize that that particular monster is not actually opening the door and walking in because there is nothing outside the door. The Guest Room is an enclosed level split off from other levels by a transition door (i.e., a loading screen). If you were to actually open that door, there would be nothing there but empty blackness (unused space).

You can barricade normal doors in game just like in the trailer.
09-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Find