Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILERS]Does anyone know what happened to the survivors of the Curie?
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7
[SPOILERS]Does anyone know what happened to the survivors of the Curie?

Spoiler below!
Something that's been bugging me about SOMA lately is that it's not exactly clear what happened to the survivors of the Curie that are mentioned in one of the last Captain's logs in the ships ruins.

Have I missed something? Where did they go? Obviously some of them left in one of the escape pods outside Lambda, yet they're never mentioned as having integrated with the survivors of PATHOS-II. Or are they part of another cut element from the games story?
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM by SlackerinDeNile.)
01-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: [SPOILERS]Does anyone know what happened to the survivors of the Curie?

Hmm... good question. There aren't any bodies on the CURIE, either.

Maybe they're the Fleshers? That would also partly explain why we only see Fleshers on/near the CURIE.
01-29-2016, 11:48 PM
Find
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2

Spoiler below!
I think it was mentioned on Frictional's website that the Curie was between Carthage and PATHOS II when the asteroid struck. After the Impact Event, the Curie went exploring the coastline to report how bad the damage was. On its way back to PATHOS II, something happened which caused a breach, and imminent flooding of the vessel.

In Transmissions, I think someone mentioned that some PATHOS workers were able to pull the vessel close to one of the facilities when they noticed it floating nearby. Salvage missions were then conducted to take supplies from the ship. This might be where the Vivarium came from, since the Curie shipped supplies and tech from Carthage.

In-game, you can find one open escape pod. No one knows exactly what happened to the person that was in it, but the lack of logs about them suggest they never made it to PATHOS II. They probably either died or became a WAU mutant, possibly the Stalker from the Curie level.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 05:55 AM by Lazoriss.)
01-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(01-29-2016, 11:48 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: Hmm... good question. There aren't any bodies on the CURIE, either.

Maybe they're the Fleshers? That would also partly explain why we only see Fleshers on/near the CURIE.

I forgot to tell you, there's cut content in the games model and graphic files relating to the in-game creation of the Jiangshi discoball heads or 'fleshers' as some people seem to call them. There's fully animated models of a man part-way transformed into a discoball head and one of a man on some sort of apparatus being operated on by the WAU, I have a feeling the Curie was supposed to be a larger and more in-depth part of the game in some way, and no i'm not talking about that old stuff with the Cabal.

By the way, the fleshers were a nickname created for the Cabal diving-suit weirdos. According to Tom in an interview this was meant to be a major clue as to the nature of their faction, flesh and blood cyborgs versus the steely coldness of the digital singularity.

Also, Lazoriss, you make some good points there, I still haven't watched Depth or the last few transmissions and I don't plan to for a while.
01-30-2016, 12:19 AM
Find
wtcelesta Offline

Threads: 2

(01-29-2016, 11:48 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: There aren't any bodies on the CURIE, either.

There are bones and skulls on the Curie. I think the crew basically drowned...
07-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

The escape pod still has its lights on, and is right in front of Lambda.
My theory is that the previous occupant of the escape vessel was the female flesher in Lambda, and not extremely long ago.
07-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(07-26-2016, 09:32 AM)cantremember Wrote: The escape pod still has its lights on, and is right in front of Lambda.
My theory is that the previous occupant of the escape vessel was the female flesher in Lambda, and not extremely long ago.

Surely there'd be something on the CURIE or in Lambda which states when an Escape Pod had been jettisoned?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Find