Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is anyone even reading reviews?
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3
Is anyone even reading reviews?

I'm certainly not. Why would I want to read another persons opinion of such a potentially personal experience?

Please sir, spoil everything that I would find interesting or surprising about Amnesia. It's not like that's half the reason why these games are so great or anything...

:\

[Image: getthefuckout.gif]
09-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Find
Dyni Crippler Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Is anyone even reading reviews?

I'm not reading them, too. Also, I never trust them in general.

If the game gets good scores, though, many people may think of buying it.
09-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Find
Mayron Offline

Threads: 0

Well, i'm not. All i do is taking a look at the final score and... that's that. They also confirmed that the game is 8 to 10 hours long, which was important for me... Now i can sleep without problems Smile

. what has been seen, cannot be unseen .
09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Website Find
membrain Offline

Threads: 4

(09-07-2010, 02:46 PM)Mayron Wrote: Well, i'm not. All i do is taking a look at the final score and... that's that. They also confirmed that the game is 8 to 10 hours long, which was important for me... Now i can sleep without problems Smile

I can sleep without problems as well since I know that the editors will be released shortly after the game. They for sure will - indirectly - make the game even longer. Wink

membrain
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

I don't read them, no, and I tend to dislike and disagree with them. But if they're helpful in gathering more supporters for FG, then I am TOTALLY for them. Even some of the bigshot reviewers, the kind who give games like Modern Warfare 2 a perfect score are giving Amnesia good scores (from what I hear), and that's the kind of thing we need.

09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

I've been reading them because they havent really spoiled anything important, and I like to know when people are wrong :3
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Find
Hubert Cumberdanes Offline

i sumtimes like to red reviews but it depends on the game in question

for penumbrao er amnesia i really dont mind cos i like to read wuts gonna happen so i dont get scared. my friend says if i read reviews then its confirmed i hate games but i dun see the connection really

atm im waiting for jim sterlings review on destructioid cos he has valid opinions on certain games and is by fair the best reviewer out there

but its also good to see such hard chalelnging games such as this do well with mainstream sites cos mebbe in the future we will have more fun on other hard games that arent just modern warfar spam

i guess what irely mean to say is yes, i do read reviews and you shuld too cause it adds another depth to the game that is not othernwise found

ps. bro umad
09-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Find
RoadCrewWorker Offline

The people who have already registered and likely preordered the game on this very website are not interested in pre or reviews? Woah, no kidding sherlock!

Maybe the real target audience are the people out there who've never even heard of the penumbra games and just glance some websites frontpage for 25 seconds? Maybe even the ones too lazy to move their eyes over a few lines of text who just want a flashy meaningless one digit number? Crazy idea, right?
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Find
Hubert Cumberdanes Offline

ok thats not called 4 dude if we wanted asshole opinins we would red pcpowerplay ok get it right
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Find
RoadCrewWorker Offline

I don't see you making a counterargument, i just see you calling me names while spelling like a 5 year old on hard alcohol (no offense to 5 year olds intended). It's merely personal insult, and doesn't even remotely address the topic at hand, so i have to assume you want to derail and troll this thread instead of making a point.

That's pretty sad. Sad
09-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Find