Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Pre-ordering the game.
Mr pants Offline

Threads: 1
Pre-ordering the game.

I apologize beforehand if this is stated somewhere obvious.. I am just a harmless newbie, please don't bite...Blush

Right, greetings everyone new user here and I'd like to just state that I am thrilled for the release of Amnesia. But since there are no physical copies (yet) I'll just make due with a digital copy and pre-order it. Now heres comes my question, since I don't have a credit card I am asking another person to buy it for me at frictional games own online store and what I am wondering is that I would like to know is how will it go after my friend has pre-ordered it for me? will he get a code or something that I can redeem or does he have to download the game by using some personal login at the release date?

I think this is supposed to be something everyone knows about but I say better safe then sorry. Big Grin
09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Find
Akong Offline

RE: Pre-ordering the game.

You need the e-mail address used when ordering and the order number received in the e-mailed receipt.
09-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Find
monkeyshots Offline

(09-07-2010, 05:45 PM)Mr pants Wrote: I apologize beforehand if this is stated somewhere obvious.. I am just a harmless newbie, please don't bite...Blush

Right, greetings everyone new user here and I'd like to just state that I am thrilled for the release of Amnesia. But since there are no physical copies (yet) I'll just make due with a digital copy and pre-order it. Now heres comes my question, since I don't have a credit card I am asking another person to buy it for me at frictional games own online store and what I am wondering is that I would like to know is how will it go after my friend has pre-ordered it for me? will he get a code or something that I can redeem or does he have to download the game by using some personal login at the release date?

I think this is supposed to be something everyone knows about but I say better safe then sorry. Big Grin

Hi.

After your purchase you get shown a URL where you have to enter the email address used in the purchase form aswell as the order number, which will display at the end of the order and also be sent to the email adress specified in the purchase form.
using both of theese to login you can then get your serial# andor steam key aswell as download the game once they activate the download.
09-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6

He will get a order number that he (you) can use on
https://shelf.frictionalgames.com/

just type in the email that was used for the order and use your order number and you will be able to retrieve the steam key and a download (when its released) from the shelf.

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Find
Mr pants Offline

Sweet, then everything will be just fine if my friend uses my email.

Thanks for the fast replys, you guys are golden.
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Find