Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters in the game (A bit spoilerish?)
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Monsters in the game (A bit spoilerish?)

(09-10-2010, 08:28 AM)Peanuckle Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Until, of course, they realize that the monsters are gone and that they can run willy-nilly.

I did that, because I listened to the music, so I knew when they scripted themselves out of the map. Tongue

09-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Website Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

honestly amnesia has some of the best enemy scripting ive ever seen in a game. it kept me on the edge.when i was in the
Spoiler below!
Storage room where i heard the thing and went out to investigate when i noticed it just walked i was like...eh big deal its a slow poke and moved on next second i got clawed by it real creepy. 2nd time in storage *i died first time* i got caught again and i hid in the storage and man when the thing was breaking the door i felt like crying like a baby REALLY SCARY

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

I LOVE the idea of spawning, and after some time hiding, despawn. But EVERY enemy does that
Spoiler below!
Only the last grunt in the sewers near the end doesn't despawn
I find that a bit... bad. It's ok to do that with some enemies, specially in a VERY scary part of the game. But with the time, the player notices that, by hearing the "battle" song dissapear and then see that there's no enemy in the whole level. so that's bad, because I've been freaked out at every moment of the game, but in the beginning, and in the middle of it, even more. Why? because with the time I realised that the monsters despawn, so that makes me feel more better and not that scared like in the beginning/middle. Of course I'm not saying the game was not scary after knowing they despawn, the ambientation alredy makes you poo in your pants, and some sudden enemy encounters too.
By the way, I finished the game, and I must say, the game is EPIC.
Best survival horror I've ever played. Good job FG Wink

09-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Find
Informative Offline

Threads: 13

I saw it and thought it was a zombie. Tongue

In the Guest Room, I saw it close up. It saw me hide in the closet so I said "What the heck, I'll die and redo it." so I saw it and it was really funny.

It's eyes are all DERP and it's jaw seems to be ripped off. It's a tall, skinny (with a fat stomach) with some cuts on its stomach, and has a blade attached to one hand, and a claws on the other hand. I lol'd at it rather than screamed in terror.

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/...p-derp.jpg
The eyes+
http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/main/94..._sheet.jpg
The blade+
http://media.photobucket.com/image/fredd...rueger.jpg
The hand
= What I saw

[Image: 10138.png]
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Find
wastedfate Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2010, 12:57 AM)Informative Wrote: I saw it and thought it was a zombie. Tongue

In the Guest Room, I saw it close up. It saw me hide in the closet so I said "What the heck, I'll die and redo it." so I saw it and it was really funny.

It's eyes are all DERP and it's jaw seems to be ripped off. It's a tall, skinny (with a fat stomach) with some cuts on its stomach, and has a blade attached to one hand, and a claws on the other hand. I lol'd at it rather than screamed in terror.

(Shitty links to random websites)

Had a similar reaction in storage. The part where there is a monster behind the door. I open it. See it there, shut it for fear of dying. Then when it stops trying to break in I go and look in again, it's still there. Sooo wanted to open it and shut it repeatedly to see what would happen. Eventually when I came back I started throwing boxes at it once I realized how slow they are. Ruined the next few minutes of gameplay for me, then I got to machine room anyways.
09-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Find
tzb Offline

Threads: 1

I caught on to the scripted spawning/despawning mechanic pretty quickly, based on
Spoiler below!
the Wine Cellar and Refinery encounters.

At first, I figured the authors were just trying to build up some tension before the real action began, and after encountering the persistent monster of the
Spoiler below!
Cellar Archives,
I thought that was the new norm going forward. However, when the transient encounters returned in later areas, I started to realise what a superb way this is to rebuild and maintain the tension throughout the later acts of the story.

Incredibly well done.
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Find