Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with ropes.posnode.. or alternative?
sabrinagsoledad Offline

Threads: 10
Problem with ropes.posnode.. or alternative?

Hi

I´m new at this, just start a CS.
In my crazy way, didnt know that ropes are a little dificult to work with,...
I want the item string interact with something (clif) to activate a rope.. But i read lot of post about people cant disable rope neither with scripts. So if I dont want to use an entity item like a valve or crank wheel (like i found in the forum)... what can i do if i cant disable rope?.
Also I read about changing rope length so I could make it short and then make it long.. but i could not find the appropiate code.
For me it should not be a problem using chains... but i did not find any chain entity to pick up neither a straight chain to act as inactive and then reapear.
02-24-2016, 08:11 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Problem with ropes.posnode.. or alternative?

If you find no other solution, I can recommend cheating a little. Create an entity (you can't disable static objects) consisting only of a rope texture, and than make it appear when player spins the wheel. It's a very desperate way- player mustn't see the rope when it appears, and it will be weird if he stops in the middle of turning the crank and it wouldn't lengthen the rope when they look at it.

02-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Find