Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any chance of this being a trilogy, I want to give you more money! (No Spoilers)
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6
Any chance of this being a trilogy, I want to give you more money! (No Spoilers)

I played the Penumbra tech demo back in the day but forgot about it since it took so long to hit Steam (the only place I buy PC games). I pre-ordered Amnesia after playing the amazing demo and I'm loving it.

I'm going to go back and buy/play Penumbra now, but I'm MUCH more partial to the ancient castle in a forest theme with lavish studies than I am to the industrial caverns of Penumbra.

I REALLY hope that this game gets a sequel or two, whether it's a direct sequel or just a spiritual one with the same theme. I don't know how it ends yet and I don't want to know, but I know I want more.
09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Website Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Any chance of this being a trilogy, I want to give you more money! (No Spoilers)

Yeah i would like more as well, could be a different story in the same setting.

There is really no need to make yet another engine, its fine to have an engine and improve upon it, but i could definitely take more games in this castle dark setting Smile i hope it sells enough they will make some sequel or maybe just another story in this enviroment.
09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Find
kastanok Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Any chance of this being a trilogy, I want to give you more money! (No Spoilers)

I think there's plenty of opportunity to tell the stories of Herbert, Alexander or other members of the Order of the Black Eagle. Actually, I'm hoping that the story of Daniel up until the game starts is released as a .pdf at some point.

09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Website Find
bblaze Offline

Threads: 5

Only spoilers for the first note you find in the game (or the demo), which is about 5 minutes in, so I won't mark this as such.

Since the point in the demo where you find out about Daniel's self-inflicted amnesia, I always kind of had a "horrifying meta ending" in mind.

I figured, if he purposely drank some stuff to make him forget, what if you had to brew some elixir for whatever supposedly world-saving purpose at the end of the game, only to find out that Alexander has tricked you into drinking the amnesia-potion... again! And if that were true, how often did Daniel already attempt the journey down the castle? Then, spinning the idea further, I thought it might be possible to rationalize the main enemy, those lurkers, as incarnations of Daniel's memories, basically watching himself in 3rd person wander those halls to find the Inner Sanctum --- At that point, I didn't know they could actually attack you, so that kind of renders the whole idea moot, but I won't lie by saying that I gave myself goosebumps for a second as that thought creeped into my mind.

All this would then lead into a possible sequel through Daniel somehow breaking this cycle of madness, but with a severely scarred mind.

cue dramatic symphony
09-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-09-2010, 11:36 PM)bblaze Wrote: I figured, if he purposely drank some stuff to make him forget, what if you had to brew some elixir for whatever supposedly world-saving purpose at the end of the game, only to find out that Alexander has tricked you into drinking the amnesia-potion... again! And if that were true, how often did Daniel already attempt the journey down the castle? Then, spinning the idea further, I thought it might be possible to rationalize the main enemy, those lurkers, as incarnations of Daniel's memories, basically watching himself in 3rd person wander those halls to find the Inner Sanctum --- At that point, I didn't know they could actually attack you, so that kind of renders the whole idea moot, but I won't lie by saying that I gave myself goosebumps for a second as that thought creeped into my mind.

This idea is so far fetched that it could simply make a new game, which would have an excellent idea.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010, 11:45 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Website Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

Was Penumbra set to be a trilogy before it became as such? I'd think that once they have the engine and tech updated that a great deal of the development work would be done and they could crank out content.

God knows I'd be willing to buy DLC sidestories for this game till I was old and gray.
09-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Find