Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I think the three main paths of improvement going forward is better AI for both smarter enemies and more varied enemy activity patterns (possibly even neutral/friendly characters), more careful game design and planning (known as the Better Agrippa Insertion), and an evolution of the physics/puzzles. Amnesia and Penumbra had some great puzzles and some really unintuitive/confusing/annoying ones. I enjoyed the simplicity of the woodchip blocking the rope pulley, and most of the Penumbra logic/physics puzzles. The finicky exacting hanging weights in Amnesia and knowing to throw a rock at the gas pipe in Penumbra were not so elegantly designed.
07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

Am I the only one that thinks maybe they will make something in space. They have made medival, present time and now they just need to make something in the future o.O

Would be cool with a dead spacish game, without all the retarded bloody scenes and weapons of course. Its way to bloody. Everytime you see somebody you can already predikt that they are gonna blow into a million pieces and blood all over the place...
07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Find
sooryan59 Offline

Threads: 0

Hmm i got an idea,just an idea Tongue

Why think of some aliens invading us or anything like that? why not take it simple? Maybe we can assume the role of a kid. not too young though. Its based arround our OWN house or around US (maybe wer haunted/ being chased by something like the shadow or something) ok we'll take a house for the moment. Its the tiny things that scare us the most. we can enter and exit the house, but cant go too far. strange things happen near/in our house. but not to an extent where we have to run and hide from monsters or anything. Its just a house at first glance. As you enter u notice strange things happening, things that the adults dont really notice. as u hear the grown ups talking u start looking at the random pictures on the walls. u notic one/all of them are starint RIGHT at you. their glare follows you as long as you are in their line of sight/the room. you notice things being where there not supposed to be. then maybe something real strange like ur shadow is fixed(always infront of u) or u have no shadow at all? and a few times u might be able to goto school. and the same things happen around you?

What do u guys think?
I havent played any of the penumbra / amnesia games. but ive played them on youtube Tongue
not cz im that of a wimp. cz my pc just sucks that much. ive even seen minecraft lagging on this thing!!

(09-25-2011, 12:00 PM)sooryan59 Wrote: Hmm i got an idea,just an idea Tongue

Why think of some aliens invading us or anything like that? why not take it simple? Maybe we can assume the role of a kid. not too young though. Its based arround our OWN house or around US (maybe wer haunted/ being chased by something like the shadow or something) ok we'll take a house for the moment. Its the tiny things that scare us the most. we can enter and exit the house, but cant go too far. strange things happen near/in our house. but not to an extent where we have to run and hide from monsters or anything. Its just a house at first glance. As you enter u notice strange things happening, things that the adults dont really notice. as u hear the grown ups talking u start looking at the random pictures on the walls. u notic one/all of them are starint RIGHT at you. their glare follows you as long as you are in their line of sight/the room. you notice things being where there not supposed to be. then maybe something real strange like ur shadow is fixed(always infront of u) or u have no shadow at all? and a few times u might be able to goto school. and the same things happen around you?

What do u guys think?
I havent played any of the penumbra / amnesia games. but ive played them on youtube Tongue
not cz im that of a wimp. cz my pc just sucks that much. ive even seen minecraft lagging on this thing!!
i meant staring Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 12:02 PM by sooryan59.)
09-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Find
ParekuJaecin Away

Don't know if it's said before, but short co-op chapters beside the full singleplayer story would be so awesome! Great puzzles that need two people to solve them and it won't get too lame, and the horror will stay in the game, 'cause there are only two people playing (instead of four, for example). And you could make puzzles where the two people couldn't be in the same room all the time, it would make the game's impact much more scarier on those parts compared to where you both stand against monsters on the same corner! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 12:15 PM by ParekuJaecin.)
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Find
Conan Offline

Threads: 1

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but a couple of ideas come to mind

1) I particularly like the "small town with a dark secret" type theme. Your character gets stuck in a small town where the people are very religious, but you find out they worship some Gozer-like diety, sacrifice young girls/boys, hold creepy rituals etc. The movie Dagon had a similar idea, plus it has very Lovecraftian elements.

2) Something along the lines of I am Legend, but where you wake up and find all of the people in your town have vanished. The plot, of course, is to find out what happened to all of the townsfolk.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 07:13 PM by Conan.)
09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Find
Crtomir Offline

Anything with a strong dose of Lovecraftian horror. No fucking guns or undead zombies.
09-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
TheJesut Offline

How bout one in the future Tongue
They've done
Past
Present
Only fitting to add future. And this i think would REALLY capture emotions of players to like start out in a plaza and be like walking alone... then you get a vision and monsters coming towards you and stuf an like theuy are just like flickering and stuff. Lol rantage, ANYWAYS Yea it would be a great setting to feature like a new race or something just FUTURE got potential NUFF' SAID. My brain could explode with ideas... Anyways yea I'd love seein a nice sy-fy puzzling game. Really twisted plot and deep story. And obviously connect some historic events places to open a connection with the player and stuff. maybe be in a subway or in a huge city or something like that. OK I'll shut up now lol.

"An eye for an eye is a brother for another."
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2011, 04:47 AM by TheJesut.)
09-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Find
Jackathyn Offline

I would LOVE to see something else with Daniel.
Yes, I know he's more than likely dead at the end of the game and all, but depending on the ending, who knows where or what he could be... and I really, really got attached to that man through the course of the story. It's part of what made it such a great game to me. He was an interesting character from the point of view of a Psychology student... you'd be amazed what people have been convinced to do in real life situations to other living things.
09-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(09-30-2011, 09:14 AM)Jackathyn Wrote: I would LOVE to see something else with Daniel.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid92859
09-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
huseyin Offline

The story of the next game should be longer and involve more fear.
12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Find