Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
static box and other items
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20
static box and other items

So basically, is it possible to make a black_box_static collide with the player, everysingle other entity, but not specific entities like a tin_can_1? The idea is you can only put items into a box that are the correct ones, so can I do this with it's collide group or something?
02-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: static box and other items

Add the block_box and the object you want it to ignore collisions with to two opposite sides of a collision group. For example, have the block_box be part of the collide group "-blockbox" and the other object's collide group to "+blockbox". (Note the "-" and "+" parts of the group names.)
02-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20

(02-28-2016, 08:22 AM)Abion47 Wrote: Add the block_box and the object you want it to ignore collisions with to two opposite sides of a collision group. For example, have the block_box be part of the collide group "-blockbox" and the other object's collide group to "+blockbox". (Note the "-" and "+" parts of the group names.)

That works, but I meant if I could set it to CollideNonCharacter for the blockbox but not have it collide with 4 specific entities that I placed, and not just the groups.
02-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Find
Myster Stranger Offline

Threads: 3

(02-28-2016, 08:14 AM)Hypercube Wrote: So basically, is it possible to make a black_box_static collide with the player, everysingle other entity, but not specific entities like a tin_can_1? The idea is you can only put items into a box that are the correct ones, so can I do this with it's collide group or something?

Why not have an area over the box that sets the blockbox active when incorrect items are placed over it, maybe even have a door close over it for visual confirmation to the player so there's no floating items? Better yet, you could have inappropriate objects be vomited back up using a Entity_AddForce command, that'd be kinda funny.
02-29-2016, 04:06 AM
Find