Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What way would you prefer the game be bought?
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5
What way would you prefer the game be bought?

A few people are planning on getting the game. What method of purchase nets you guys the biggest payout? would you rather it be purchased via your store directly, or via Steam, or what? I'd normally just assume that buying directly from your store would be better, but I remember some other developer saying that if your game was the first game in a Steam user's collection that you got a bonus of some kind, so I didn't know if maybe that was true and you'd rather they went to Steam if that was the case.

I know you don't want to really recommend one place over another because I'm sure you value all of your business partners, so if you can't say then that's okay.
09-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: What way would you prefer the game be bought?

I rather liked how buying it from Frictional's store worked. You get to support Frictional much more directly, you get downloads for both the pc and mac version of the game, and a key for the Steam version.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Find
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3

I agree with NGW. I think they would get more from their store directly. and you get a steam key if you prefer it that way.
09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You do not get a Steam key, it was only for pre-orders as a bonus.

You do get Windows, Mac & Linux copies.

It does not matter to us where you buy, the important thing is that you buy where you like to have the game and will be the most happy (or scared) with it.
09-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Website Find