Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Amnesia Script Wizard
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia Script Wizard

Friendly reminder with your example code in the video, AddEntityCollideCallback(); does not use a float, it uses an integer. A float can be a decimal whereas an integer cannot. alState only checks for 1, 0 and -1, there is no inbetween~

Otherwise, I'm curious as to how this comes along - though I do prefer to write out my code myself. Smile Best of luck~

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

@Mudbill
The biggest advantage is obviously the distribution. No installing and no need for other platform support.

That would honestly be where the advantages would end, had I use something like node.js. Obviously, that's not what I want, since I need everything to be client-sided.

You, however, cannot access user's files through a browser environment without them uploading it. Unless of course, you download it. That's why there will be a downloadable version. You just paste it into your custom story, open it in your browser and there you go. It can read your maps because it thinks it's on a web page.

@Aceromulator
You are correct! However, that is just a small bug on the UI Layer. It still knows it's an integer, it expects an integer and the regular expression still allows integers only.

[Image: EA9dRQo.png]

And I find it kinda funny how you feel the need to explain a difference between an int and a float. But I guess that comes with being a help desk for too long. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 10:04 AM by Spelos.)
01-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(01-05-2017, 10:02 AM)Spelos Wrote: @Aceromulator
You are correct! However, that is just a small bug on the UI Layer. It still knows it's an integer, it expects an integer and the regular expression still allows integers only.

[Image: EA9dRQo.png]

And I find it kinda funny how you feel the need to explain a difference between an int and a float. But I guess that comes with being a help desk for too long. Big Grin

Ah well, while I am more than aware you know the difference between an int and a float, someone else who is completely new to scripting (one of the target audiences you were considering), may not! Wink

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 05:58 PM by Romulator.)
01-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Update 6.1. 2017
THE COMMUNITY UPDATE

Dear forum-6,
Amnesia Script Wizard began as an interesting project for me. It was a way of learning classes in C#, it was an opportunity to think outside of the box. Unfortunately, there just isn't a demand for this type of project anymore. It would have been nice a few years back, but at this point, it's getting obsolete.

My priorities had changed and this project has to be simply cut out of my main priorities list. I most likely won't continue the development of this project. But YOU MIGHT! Yes, YOU!
(Unless you're Mudbill, then go make a YouTube video)

ORB IDE is hosted here:
https://petrspelos.github.io/amnesiaORB-IDE/index.html

SOURCE CODE is on my GitHub repository:
https://github.com/petrspelos/amnesiaORB-IDE

Feel free to branch it and work on it.

(To Romulator: close this or don't, your choice. I suppose those link will not change. You can wait if someone wants to ask something about the code or repository.)
01-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Find