Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Has this happened to you in the prison (funny picture, minor spoiler)Frictionaltrolls
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Has this happened to you in the prison (funny picture, minor spoiler)Frictionaltrolls

I'm obsessed with slowly searching everywhere so I often light up areas with puzzles or maze-like (prison) so I can run around without using lantern oil, and I always seem to be out of lantern oil since I look around so much...I'm usually very conservative since I'm a huge survival horror fan but this game I just need the light to stay sane! And I hate the "not teeth grinding" noise.
09-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Website Find
stevensonbak Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Has this happened to you in the prison (funny picture, minor spoiler)Frictionaltrolls

I think you'd really have had to make a ton of stupid mistakes to get hurt enough to use the laudanum when you can just regenerate health, even when you're barely concious, so making through the game with tons of those should be no surprise.

As for oil and tinderboxes, it all depends on your play style, really; if you are a more stationary player, you like to take time to look around, study your surroundings, in no real hurry, then you probably use tons of tinder boxes to light your surroundings and not waste lamp oil.

If you're a more aggressive and less conservative player, odds are you'll end up using the lamp for the most part, as it is a useful mobile source of light that can shine anywhere that fixed light fixtures can't.
11-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Find
gbee Offline

Threads: 1

In the prison I used tinderboxes to light up torches like breadcrumbs, especially at junctions, that way when I had to run I'd just follow the lights back to a safe spot.

I've mostly played by using tinder boxes and conserving the lamp oil. I could grope my way around in the dark most of the time, but the light helps with sanity which is less of a hinderance than an irritation*.

*(Not really a horror fan and don't really like being told when I should be scared ... I bought Amnesia because I admired Penumbra and liked the interaction/puzzle solving aspects - shame both were decreased in this game)
11-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Yes, I think the game would have been better if health did not regenerate. I guess watching a health pool detracted from immersion in testing.

Lots of old thread reviving going on.
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Find