Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia first week vs. any penumbra first week
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
Amnesia first week vs. any penumbra first week

My feeling is Amnesia is being well received by consumers in the digital world, and that the excellent reviews are going to give it better long term sales than your previous releases.

But Jens, Thomas.... you guys care to comment on how sales are so far in the first week (including preorders) vs. any (or all) Penumbra? I doubt you want to talk about specifics, but are sales noticeably better? Slightly better? About the same?

I hope things are going better than expected and this game is making your financial future much more secure!
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia first week vs. any penumbra first week

And btw, congratulations on being the overall #2 best seller on Steam this past week!
09-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6

I believe this game got a higher score than any of the Penumbra entries from mainstream reviews, so that probably helps.
09-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Website Find
dvow Offline

Threads: 1

Amnesia is being talked about all over the internet right now. I never even HEARD of Penumbra before I came across threads raving about Amnesia. The trailer and hype was so exciting, I bought Amnesia, and have really enjoyed it.
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9

I believe Penumbra had a relatively quiet release. It has sold slowly but steadily over time due to word of mouth. People that played it were surprised by how great a horror game it was and would tell their friends. Word of Frictional's skill with horror slowly spread, creating the enthusiastic community which we're all apart of. So, in the lead up to Amnesia, there were now fans to take initiative and spread the word much earlier. Large media websites like IGN learned of the game and spread the word even further. Steam is now also a major part of the distribution of Frictional's games. Thus, Amnesia has had a MUCH bigger launch than Penumbra ever did. It will continue to sell as people continue to spread it by word of mouth (or text lol). My guess is that Amnesia will sell easily 4 to 5 times what Penumbra has done.
09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Find
lobban Offline

Threads: 1

(09-12-2010, 10:37 PM)dvow Wrote: Amnesia is being talked about all over the internet right now. I never even HEARD of Penumbra before I came across threads raving about Amnesia. The trailer and hype was so exciting, I bought Amnesia, and have really enjoyed it.
NEVER HEARD OF PENUMBRA?! This doesn't float my boat..Sad
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Find