Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*
Serena Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

I know right! It's just light and music, why is it so scary???? lol
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Find
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1

Sewer brute by far. I waited and waited and waited and he didn't vanish like the other guys. When I baited him with a rock, he killed me just as I was shutting the door. I think the game took pity on me since I didn't see him in my mad sprint to the ladder afterwards. Big Grin
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

There were two times when I jumped in my chair:
One: Iron Maiden
Two: Morgue Brute. As I watched Morgue LP's, I got struck by the fact that in the LP's the Brute was banging at the door several times before tearing it apart. In my case the Brute crashed the door with one strike and bumped right into my happy-because-of-solving-the-puzzle-and-confident-that-the-danger-is-over-for-now face...
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Find
taph Offline

Threads: 2

I'm unoriginal so I'll just go with the WATER PART. It really did freak me out pretty bad, ha.
The fact that you can't see it but you know it's after you just AUUUUUUGH.
It's probably for the same reason that the kennel part in Penumbra made me cry feartears. )':

Spoiler below!
wait, no, that would be a lie. the scariest part was when i searched it on deviantart the first time.
[Image: dqno3.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 11:43 PM by taph.)
04-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Find
jaivyn Offline

Spoiler below!
In the sewers, I was ready to throw a grunt arm to distract the brute. But apparantly it already attracts him as soon as it touches the water even if you're holding it >.> I ran after it made some noise and waited. Then I wanted to try again and... he's standing at the only way in! D:
Had to run back to the start of the sewers to make him go away.. cause I couldn't get any further xD
04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

(04-18-2011, 08:01 AM)jaivyn Wrote:
Spoiler below!
In the sewers, I was ready to throw a grunt arm to distract the brute. But apparantly it already attracts him as soon as it touches the water even if you're holding it >.> I ran after it made some noise and waited. Then I wanted to try again and... he's standing at the only way in! D:
Had to run back to the start of the sewers to make him go away.. cause I couldn't get any further xD

I found this out the hard way, my rock made the tiniest spash in the water as I was setting up. I never saw the Brute coming... shivers
04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Prison level, hands down, willing myself to press 'forward' is an exercise in futility
04-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Website Find
SummerR. Offline

Threads: 0

Ha. The sewer. I died like, five times. DX Mostly because whenever I thought the monster was behind me, I would run away from it to find that it was right in front of me.

Damn music. Got me all tense to die. DX
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Find
ttcfcl Offline

Threads: 0

I have a couple. The first spaz was in the flooded archives. I saw the splashing "whatever" moving about but thought nothing of it. I was like "what is that thing" and instincivly jumped down next to it to check it out. Yea, I went right up to it. *smack!* It hit me and that when I absolutely freaked out, running to the near room and jumping on some boxes, yelling and feet stamping the entire way. Next was just shortly after, running away from... I don't know what the heck. I just heard that music and was like "NOOOOOOOO". Being chased is absolutely the most horrifying thing for me. Normally games don't have you running away from things. You typically have a weapon and are supposed to fight it out. Or you're in third person-fixed cam and can see it. I couldn't see anything. Never looked back. It was such an insane rush. Contrasting that to the creepy fountain room with the really nice music was the best idea. I just stayed there for like 15 minutes trying to calm down.

Ok, third was all my fault. In the sewers midway through the game. At the end there is a door which is the corridor to the exit. Well, I opened door and I guess that's what spawns a brute. I heard a noise and the music started and my first instinct was that it was *beyond* the door. So I turned around. To see a brute in front of me just about to strike. I screamed "NO!" and hit escape and in my fluster, hit Save And Exit thinking it would save my most recent checkpoint. So next day, or whatever, I start up the game. Ready for anything. Except for being loaded up infront of a brute slashing me. I freaked out so bad. Instantly hit escape, then Ctrl-alt-delete to end the Amnesia.exe process. It would have been a classic Amnesia Reaction Video! I remember loudly proclaiming "No! It's not fair! It saved me next to the the monster! Not fair!" It would take me a couple months to get the nerve to load the game back up and let him kill me so I could proceed.
04-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Thinking I was safe just after a run from danger and...then opening a door only to get a full face of a grunt!
04-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Find