Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

End game stats (slight spoiler?)
Rosto Offline

Threads: 3
RE: End game stats (slight spoiler?)

(09-14-2010, 10:47 PM)marzy Wrote: Hang on we have another one on the internet that knows it all! Do you really need to be such an arse about it, Rosto? You certainly wouldn't talk to me like that in real life so have some respect.

Would having END game stats really ruin your experience? It wasn't even a complaint if you read my post properly so relax eh?

If I've sound like "an arse", please forgive me; that was not my intention for sure. I didn't even talk directly to You nor attacking anyone else personally, so how my post could be disrespectful to anyone?

I think "game stats" in Amnesia would be just out of place. I also believe there's a good reason why there's no such a thing like "difficulty modes" in the game. Amnesia is not about mechanics, points, achievements or speed-runs; it's about personal, most intimate experiences. Guys from Frictional Games talked about that many times before; it's all over the site. Off course everyone is free to enjoy the game in their own way and that's the beauty of it.

All I said in the paragraph above is my personal opinion. Please don't call me names just because You have a different view on things.

P.S. Just to be clear: I love "World of Warcraft" and Mario-like games. I'm just looking for a different things in Amnesia.
09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

PLayed for 9½ hours. I wished there was more though, i just loved it from Start to finish, good games are always to short.
09-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Find
marzy Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:If I've sound like "an arse", please forgive me; that was not my intention for sure. I didn't even talk directly to You nor attacking anyone else personally, so how my post could be disrespectful to anyone?

Fair enough, it's just lines like

"If You like statistics, play World of Warcraft. If You care about collectibles, grab a copy of Super Mario Galaxy"

C'mon, you're not kidding anyone with lines like that Tongue If you can't see that, I dunno let's put it down to culture difference, with all possible respect.

Anyway I agree with you on what the game is, an experience and all that (respect to FG for keeping it that way). I wasn't asking for crazy achievements and the like, just some indication at the end that I may have missed something. Did I find all the notes? Any areas I didnt explore? Some incentive to go back. Not something that got in the way of the game in any way.

I don't have much more to say on the matter so I'll let it RIP
09-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Find