Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot start the elevator after apparently collecting all items
Carter Offline

Threads: 1
Cannot start the elevator after apparently collecting all items

Hello,

I cannot start the elevator even though I have placed all three rods as well as the three cogs into the machine. Started the coal burner and pulled the lever next to it and ensured that 8 is up and down on the flow regulator panel.

Pulling the lever to start the machine still states 'The machine still needs more work' or something similiar.

What have I missed? I remembered I placed the cogs before going into the storage room, could I have done a puzzle out of order and confused it? Huh
09-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Cannot start the elevator after apparently collecting all items

Make sure you can not pick up the three rods, if you can you have not inserted them correctly. Also check the levers, if you can move them then they are not in the correct positions.
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Website Find
Carter Offline

That was quick! I just checked, I cannot pickup the three rods and the coal burning lever is stuck in place I checked I was doing the steam regulation puzzle correctly following this guide and the levers are in the same place - however I can still move them don't know if this is normal.

There is steam coming from the pipes in the machine room although the machine will still not start,

Thank you for the help
09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you can move the levers then something must be wrong, move them around again and make sure that they play that "click" sound when they reach up/down max, and be sure that all plays that sound and then when all in correct position they lock into their current position and can not be moved again.
09-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Website Find
Carter Offline

Ah thankyou! I had to move the first lever on the left down to the most extreme bottom and then back up to the very top where it clicked into place and I got the message.

Again thanks for the help and thanks for the game!
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Find