Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
The Darkness /!\WORKING ON NEXT MAP (30%)/!\
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11
RE: The Darkness /!\RELEASED/!\

(09-21-2010, 07:27 AM)Jordo76 Wrote: Oh sure,i will send you the english text file when i will finish all notes and keys in chamber 02

Edit : The corrected english text file ^^

When you are ready, drop me a PM Smile.

And as Bulbatron sayd, pack the mod into a zip instead of RAR it will make linux and mac users life easier to play the story Wink.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Find
Jordo76 Offline

Threads: 7

Today was a good scripted day and i scripted and just scripted today,no level editing involved but a lot of scripted events,
And as i promise,here the zip file for Linux and Mac users :
Here !
09-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Website Find
mclovin96 Offline

Threads: 0

Well with permission of Jordo, I made a revision of level 1, it's mostly just fixed bugs, it's not a big thing, but i wanted to contribute, im still learning how to edit and everything, and i don't have a lot of time because of schoolTongue

The things i did are:

*Fixed Grammar on notes and keys
*Fixed an overlapping wall texture
*Added some tinderboxes (Yeah i know there's a lot of them, but just in case lol) and a oil potion.
*Added instant note read, and i changed title from Jordo's Diary to just simply A Note, because supposedly he doesn't renember who he is, so he's not supposed to know his name.
*Made an installer for it
*And some other minor fixes

If i have time i'm gonna fix door sounds. Jordo i suggest you don't name your notes Jordo, because according to your text he doesn't renember who he is, but that's your choice Big Grin
Download Here

[Image: 16641.png]
09-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Just finished playing your level, Jordo76, and may I say, I thought that was excellent!

There was a small issue where one of those two crates in the corner right at the beginning got stuck in a wall while I was slinging it about, but that's hardly a big deal. Also, as others have said, the notes could certainly use some work.

But apart from that, it was fantastic! The textures and stuff that you used are my favourite kind from the game. The archives, study and guest bedroom were my favourite areas from the main game, so I was glad your level used the theme from that area. And most importantly, it was nice and frightening.

Oh, and thank you very much for zipping it so I could play it on the Mac, great stuff, and keep up the good work!

Wow - what a mansion!
09-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Find
gosseyn Offline

i played your map, it's not really good from my point of view. There are also lots of spelling errors, even in french.

level design : 3/10
scare : 3/10
lights : 2/10
originality : 1.5/10 :-)
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Find
mclovin96 Offline

Threads: 0

(09-22-2010, 02:37 PM)gosseyn Wrote: i played your map, it's not really good from my point of view. There are also lots of spelling errors, even in french.

level design : 3/10
scare : 3/10
lights : 2/10
originality : 1.5/10 :-)

If you want spelling errors fixed, download the one i put up, it's just bug fixed. BTW i don't agree with your rating, cut him some slack, he's just starting to edit, and you're the only one who didint liked it.

[Image: 16641.png]
09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I also didn't like it.

It's just that this arbitrary numbers fellow didn't provide enough criticism.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Website Find
shaola Offline

Threads: 1

(09-21-2010, 12:42 AM)Neurological Wrote: Nice map. If you want I can provide the italian translation of the texts.

And i can provide the spanish one, just send me a private message if you want to
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

It was decent. At least try to have a little bit of a unique story. You pretty much exactly copied the official Amnesia story.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Find
gosseyn Offline

(09-23-2010, 12:07 AM)Lee Wrote: I also didn't like it.

It's just that this arbitrary numbers fellow didn't provide enough criticism.

It's just that numbers are more accurate than words, like "i didn't like it", or "it was decent".

I didn't like the level design because there was no creativity, it was just door>room>hallway>door>hallway>room etc.. The lights are not well placed imo. And finally, always having to look for a key is boring.

I know people are excited about creating their own map to show it on the forums, they just can't wait, i can understand that but this will not modify my appreciation of the map.
09-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Find