Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with plane texture
Boulipoulpe Offline

Threads: 1
Problem with plane texture

Hello again,

I am now encountering a problem with floor texture.

When I apply a texture to a plane, it always remains to the same scale despite of any rescaling of the plane.

For example if I make a plane with X=25, Y=1, Z=12 and if I apply a floor texture on it, the texture looks exactly the same as if the plane were X=1 Y=1 Z=1. This makes the texture look very small (For a tiled floor, I have to crouch to distinguish the tiles, or the floor seems all grey).

I looked for options to change that, i didn't find out ?

Anyway, the editor looks great and I've already managed to make nice things in few time. I'm eager to discover more.

Thanks Big Grin
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Find
Armored Cow Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Problem with plane texture

Well if it's tiles then it's supposed to be small, right? You can scale the texture but it just stretches it and makes it blurry. I would leave textures at their default settings unless you have good reason to change them.
09-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Find
Boulipoulpe Offline

Apparently it's not supposed to keep its small size.

On this screenshot of the tutorial, it seems that the texture size fits with the size of the plane, here X=25, Z=12. We can clearly see the tiles.

Though, I have a plane of the same size, and I use the same texture, but it appears much smaller, I can barely distinguish the tiles unless zooming a lot.
09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Just play with the Tile Amount settings, should be in the Plane tab on the edit box.

EOF
09-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Find
Boulipoulpe Offline

wow. Don't know how I can have missed that. Thanks. Topic closed. xD
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Find